• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why DOES Adobe Flash Player keeps crashing

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8.1 when i go to Firefox, IE, Facebook or search in Google, with "Enable Adobe Flash protected mode" ticked i keep getting "Adobe Flash Player has crashed" see attached. Untick "Enable Adobe Flash protected mode" and all is ok. Is it safe to untick that? Also, script error (attached) appears on almost everything too. Addons on my computer are attaCapture fb.PNGchedCapture flash.PNGCapture plugin.PNGCapturescript.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANYONE INTERESTED?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum.  Adobe does not provide direct technical support for products it offers free of charge.  The staff that answer questions here do so as a courtesy, frequently in our free time and evenings.  Expecting a response within 3 minutes, at 1AM local time is probably not the most realistic expectation.  Using Google to search for the problem, or reading the FAQs is probably a better resource for an immediate answer.

That said, I'd start by disabling hardware acceleration.  If it's an issue with your hardware or drivers, the problem should go away. 

There's a comprehensive guide here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If that doesn't work, a relevant crash report from Firefox would be helpful.

In Firefox, go to about:crashes

Choose a crash with a timestamp that corresponds to a Flash crash.

Click it to submit, and paste the link from the resulting page in a reply. 

I'll be happy to look at it on Monday when I'm back in the office.

If hardware acceleration didn't solve the crashing, it would also be interesting to know whether or not the other plugins you're running are in play.

If you go to Firefox > Help > Restart with Add-Ons Disabled, do you still see high frequency crashes?

If not, you might want to disable all the add-ons and re-enable them individually until the crashes come back.  If you isloate it to a specific plug-in or add-on, we'd be happy to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked Firefox Help>Restart with addons disabled in safe mode and videos won`t play. One video attempt the black crash error appeared. In Internet Explorer the script error came up, i ticked yes and the video played.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF you are on a 64bit system why don't you try and use a true 64 bit version of Firefox if you want to keep using Firefox ?

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Download Firefox in your language — Mozilla

Also clear some prefetch files as well, which may or may not help:

del "C:\Windows\Prefetch\flashpl*.pf"

del "C:\Windows\Prefetch\PLUGIN-CONTAINER*.pf"

del "C:\Windows\Prefetch\FLASHPLAYERUPDATESERVICE*.pf"

del "C:\Windows\Prefetch\firefox*.pf"

del "C:\Windows\Prefetch\iexplore*.pf"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn`t know there was a difference. How do you know what version. jeromiecB3223024 replied to me and said he was looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you didn't follow the directions on providing the crash report data, so I can't glean any useful information.

You need to click one (or a couple) of those links in order to submit them to Mozilla.  As-is, you just gave me a list of crash reports that are on your machine, waiting to be sent to Mozilla.  I can't do much with that.

Since it was like 10 screens, I just deleted that post.  I seriously only need a couple, and they have to actually get submitted for analysis first.

I'm pretty sure that this is a driver issue.  If you haven't worked through the video troubleshooting guide, please do that.  Also, the 64-bit version of Firefox is *way* more stable on Win8.1 and higher.  It's worth your time to switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all i could considering my lack of knowledge and amateurism on this. i had previously contacted Mozilla forum on this and sent what you requested but all i got was untick "Enable Adobe Flash protected mode". Well, when told as they did and it is not safe to do that i am reluctant to open my computer to crap. They were no help at all like you know " titts on a bull". So, it`s no good sending things to me that you know what they mean and i don`t understand is a waste of my time. Application basics on my computer show as follows below>>

""Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0""

Therefore, i don`t know how you guessed what bit version i have is a mystery. Also, not all forums are the same, most get back to posts pretty quick but yours is different. Forget it we`ll put up with the bother. Terry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you open a new tab in Firefox and type: about:support

it will looks similar to my screenshot under " user agent "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines