Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XP/Vista: Flash PPAPI plugin 23.0.0.162 doesn't work in Opera and Chromium

Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After flash updated to version 23.0.0.162 PPAPI plugin stop working in all Chromium based browsers (except Chrome, because Chrome use integrated PPAPI version 22.0.0.209). Chromium based browsers (Chromium 49, Opera 36) on flash content show message "couldn't load plugin."

In IE and Firefox Flash plugin work fine (and Chrome too because use 22 ppapi plugin version).

I replace pepflashplayer32_23_0_0_162.dll to ppapi dll version 22.0.0.209 from Chrome and Chromium based browsers start showing flash content again.

Please fix PPAPI dll. This trouble stole 3 hours of my time.

Browsers: Opera 36, Chromium 49

<moderator:  Edited title to more accurately reflect issue>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

This issue is fixed in the latest release 23.0.0.185 released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Opera on XP. Your Flash Player is only working in Firefox for me but I prefer the Opera browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what the screen says

Opera 36.0

Do more on the web

Version information

Version:36.0.2130.80 - Opera is up to date
Update stream:Stable
System:Windows Vista 64-bit (WoW64)

Browser identification

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.112 Safari/537.36 OPR/36.0.2130.80

Paths

Install:C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera
Profile:C:\Users\Kimmie\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable
Cache:C:\Users\Kimmie\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable
Thanks to everyone who built the new Opera for computers!In memory of Geir Ivarsøy. Copyright © 1995-2016 Opera Software ASA. All rights reserved.Made possible by the Chromium open source project and other open source software.EULAPrivacy policy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  The full version (and OS) information is very helpful. 

Opera Web Browser | Faster & safer | Download the new Internet browsers free still doesn't have that version listed.  The closest is 36.0.2130.65.  I'll use that version.  Maybe it'll update to 36.02130.80 after I install it.

My current Vista system is 32-bit.  I'll obtain a 64-bit test system and investigate this further.

@pavelx43304547  & kbrakeall​,

I have several issues (including yours) I'm working on today.  I'll reply back as soon as I can.  Hopefully it'll be later today, but may be tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't matter Opera or Chromium, you can download Chromium 49 here Chromium Portable - Browse Files at SourceForge.net and see the same bug like on Opera 36.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce on Opera 36, on both XP and Vista, and on Chromium 49 (downloading from the link you provided) on Vista. I have filed an internal bug, 4186169, to track this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am presenting the same problem a few days ago in XP "Could not load plugin" Opera 36.0.2130.80

x.png

Adobe Flash Player

Versión: 23.0.0.162

Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_23_0_0_162.dll

hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=168&h=94&stc=true&jpg444=true&jpgq=90&sp=68&sigh=-4sRA6XE8765ob52pHrnIoierF0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue with Flash PPAPI Plugin for Yandex.Browser (Chromium) on Windows XP.

Looks like the latest update of Flash PPAPI doesn't support Windows XP at all. Is it a bug or Adobe stopped supporting it?

On screenshot you see a comparison of versions 22.0.0.192 (which works fine with Windows XP) and 23.0.0162.

The newer version is using APIs that are not supported by Windows XP.

Flash Player Versions Comparison.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@taKenine​,

Thank you for the additional information and screenshot.  I will add this to the internal bug record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How soon is the going to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No estimate yet. The bug has been assigned to a developer.  In the interim you can use Firefox with the NPAPI plugin or IE with the ActiveX Control.  I confirmed the bug you reported does not impact the NPAPI plugin or the ActiveX Control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also using Vista and Opera.  I uninstalled the new version of flash player and put the old one back in.  It seems to work fine at first, but it keeps reverting back to the one I took out...so right now I have no flash player.  Please fix this issue soon.  I hope I can reinstall once this issue is fixed.  Everything was working fine until I tried to upgrade my flash player. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's updating to 23.0.0.162 it means you've opted into Background Updates and Flash Player is updating silently in the background.  You can disable updates by doing the following:

• Launch Control Panel
  • Select Classic View
  • Look for the Flash Player item and launch it
  • Go to the Updates tab
  • In the Updates tab either select "notify me when updates are available" or "do not notify me".
    • Selecting the Notify me option will result in Flash Player notifying you, via a pop-up window, about once a week that an update is available.
    • Selecting 'do not notify me' option will do just that - not notify you an update is available.

At this time we don't have an estimate as to when this will be fixed, so I'm not sure if you want to have it notify you every week that an update is available.  Normal release cycles are the 2nd Tuesday of the month and 0-day security vulnerability fixes releases are released at any time. O-day security vulnerabilities are security issues that are actively being exploited in the wild.  New versions numbers are listed on www.adobe.com/software/flash/about. If you decide on the 'do not notify me' option I recommend checking that page for a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for this advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't updating in the background.  What I'm trying to say is I took 23 totally out and put 22 back in.  22 worked for a few minutes.  Then, I was watching something on YouTube and when I checked another website that uses flash it said that the plugin couldn't load.  I check the adobe flash player that tells me which version I had installed and somehow it was showing the 23 version again, which I took out.  I tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times, with the same result.  I know it's nothing I did.  I hope the bug didn't mess up my computer totally, because everything was working fine until then.  As I said, I have no flash player in Opera right now.  I'm forced to use IE for flash until the bug is either fixed, or a new version of flash comes out.  I currently don't have the boxed checked where it reminds me of updates constantly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ignore my last comment.  I installed version 22 again and switched the update feature on Adobe to never remind me of updates.  It seems to be working fine now.  Thanks for the help.    I'll just have to check once and awhile for the newest version on the Adobe flash page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Firefox until this is fixed, I read there was a security problem with Flash so hopefully they'll fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with 23.0.0.162 PPAPI

Opera 36.0

Делайте больше в интернете

Информация о версии

Версия:36.0.2130.80 - Используется обновленная версия Opera
Канал обновлений:Stable
Система:Windows Vista 32-bit

Идентификация браузера

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.112 Safari/537.36 OPR/36.0.2130.80

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Vista, Opera 36.0

My problem was solved by uninstalling PPAPI version and installing the ActiveX.  Seems to work for some reason (I also have Explorer).  If you also have Firefox as well as Opera, maybe install NPAPI only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ec79591503

The bug only impacts the PPAPI plugin.  ActiveX Control (for IE) and NPAPI (for Firefox) are not impacted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2016 Oct 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seem to be fixed with 23.0.0.185?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - Flash Player

Not available to download yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player release cadence is the second Tuesday of the month (tomorrow). Barring any unforeseen issues, the update will be available tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is fixed in the latest release 23.0.0.185 released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded and installed the latest Flash version, and Vista/Opera now does work.  Thanks....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. We are happy to hear that you are able to install latest flash version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines