Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

about Adobe's 'Partner' 2144 in China

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just something to tell to the staff.

Adobe announced it's new Flash distribution partner '2144' in China.

Now users living in China or using zh-cn based systems are unable to install Flash Player from official. For downloads requests are redirecting to 2144, the so-called distribution partner. zh-ch locale systems also affected.

If the 2144 do nothing, it's fine. But they are packing their game center software with the installer. Few days ago, it can be cancelled. Now it's forced to install.      'Install with 2144, or go.'

Now every Flash users in China are complaining about this mess.

It's known to all, Chinese web companies tend to f*ck users system, collect privacy and pack software (usually malware).

And because of this, more and more users are switching to HTML5 when available. 2144 is one of the notorious web companies in China. Of course, we can speculate that Adobe wants to make good use of the remaining life of Flash, for Flash will end its life by 2020.

Thank you Adobe, for making such clusterf*ck which helping yourself to destroy Flash.

Have a nice day!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the game center cannot be uninstalled. I am not a gamer.I do not want this program!! I cannot read Chinese or whatever Asian characters it is written in.  I am also disappointed in Adobe's lack of good judgment for all users!!  Many things use "Flash" and now it doesn't work properly.  I do not like this.  Surely someone else can develop a similar product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know a way to uninstall this software?  It pops up all the time, and I have no idea what it is requesting because it's in Asian Characters... I'm so upset with Adobe.  I don't even want to use their Photoshop anymore.   grrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please refer to Uninstall 2144 Game Center to uninstall Game Centre. We recommend you to restart your machine first.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi andeea

What is your geo location and when did update Flash Player?

-

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria.  I am in Washington State, USA.  Somehow, I managed to uninstall the pesky program.  I was pretty frustrated with the whole situation as, I am sure, many others were!  I had a great deal of difficulty getting to the screen that allowed the uninstallation, but somehow, it finally did appear and I took advantage of the moment and clicked on the correct button and Voila!!! All gone!!!  Thank you for your patience.  I am sorry for my impatience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi andeea ,

Totally understand the frustration.  It shouldn't have happened to user's outside of China and we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this caused.  I'm glad you were able to finally remove it from your system, and thank you for confirming.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines