• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player for Adobe Presenter 11 does not work out of PowerPoint

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello smart people worldwide. I need your help. After 4 hours of painful looking in the web for an answer I recognize that I am not smart enough.

Here is my challenge.

Adobe Presenter 11 does not work with my PowerPoint 2016 as an add-in as I have to update my Flash Player (notice of pop-up window within PowerPoint). However my Flash Player is activated (enabled) in all my web Browsers and Active X is deactivated.

Let me go into detail:

I have Adobe Presenter 11 on my HP Laptop, 64 bit system, Windows 10 (Software up-to-date) with Office 2016 (everything in German), 8 gig RAM and a 256 gig SSD, so there shouldn't be performance issues.

I want to publish my PowerPoint presentation with the Adobe Presenter 11 ad-on. When I press the "publish" button I get a notice that I have to update my Adobe Flash Player before I can use that option. I should click ok for installing the Player. When I do that I come to the help web page of Adobe that I have to test my Flash player (it works) and that it is already integrated in Microsoft Internet Explorer oder Microsoft Edge web browser. The Flash Player add-on is always activated and the Active X is always disabled.

I reinstalled Adobe Presenter 11. I shut down my Computer several times and started it again. I changed the standard browers for the computer (Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Explorer). Nothing works. The preview in PowerPoint for HTML5 works, yet not for Flash Publishing. I installed the the new Flash Player for each browser. Does not help either.

Please help. I am frustrated as it worked 4 months ago smoothly. I had a chat with the Adobe professionals for Adobe Presenter yet, after 40 minutes of trying something they couldn't help me anymore because it is a Flash Player issue. Now, I am here and hoping for an answer.

Thank you

Andreas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably also worth mentioning that Office is phasing out support for plugins like Flash Player and Silverlight

Blocking Flash, Shockwave, Silverlight controls from activating in Office Applications for Security ...

Unless there's a compelling reason to do otherwise, publishing to HTML5 is the right choice at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

Thank you very much for your quick support.

You made my day. It is working.

Again: Thank you.

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.  Glad to help and glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines