• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe flash player is out of date, need latest standalone version

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Chrome 63.0.3239.132 (64bit) on Windows 2012 server in a secure environment with no internet access.  When I am launching a 3rd party app, Chrome complains that "adobe flash player is out of date".  Chrome//components show the version as 0.0.0.0.  I installed the offline version for PAPPI some time ago (Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier ) but I now need the newest version as this offline version is v25.  I have managed to re-install the old PAPPI versiona dn I can get round the issue, but it still says Adobe is out of date.  I find it very frustrating that adobe don't release a standalone installer version, as not all users have systems that connect to the internet.  Can anyone point me to a offline/standalone version of a recent adobe bersion

TOPICS
Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can update your Chrome://components by clicking on "Check for Updates" . You can also download the Flash Player for PPAPI from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions.

1. Open Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions​.

2. Select "Windows 10/Windows 8" from the combo box.

3. Select  "FP 28 for Opera and Chromium - PPAPI" from combo box.

4. Click on "Download Now".

Now, you can install Flash Player by double clicking the downloaded exe.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the info.  I have tried this already, but I need a standalone version as I do not have internet connectivity from my server.  Therefore both methods you describe do not work.  The process you describe downloads a 1.5Mb package, not the 20MB full package.

Anyone know where FP28 standalone can be downloaded from

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links to the standalone/offline versions have always been posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still need help' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still have the option to install the projector version at

(Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads (the non debugger one)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, for other folks that might run across this thread, if your version of Chrome isn't recent, you may want to update it.  Chrome didn't always recognize the PPAPI Flash Player in the regular system location, but recent versions of Chrome see that Flash Player installation and will prefer it if the version number is higher than whatever is bundled in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the answers.  I'll try the projector download and see if this resolves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines