Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't print from Flash in Firefox

Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I'm having an issue with my longtime running Flash applications, from which I have always had a print button that worked without any problems.
Now I discover that it no longer works in Firefox. I hit the button in Flash, print dialog shows, I hit 'OK', print dialog disappears and nothing happens

In Crome there's no problem, but...
Can anyone help me with this ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please file a bug at https://tracker.adobe.com and provide a reproducible example.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did - hope you guys find a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you..  Someone will triage the bug. If additional information is necessary, they'll post a comment to the bug record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to have the bug number?  Any idea when this broke (eg. with this weeks release of Flash Player, latest release of Firefox, etc)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FP-4198297

I'm not sure as to when the problem started - sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more likely that this is a Firefox bug, but we'll take a look and forward the bug on as necessary.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We know a little more about this now, and I believe that 64-bit Firefox would be a viable workaround until we can ship a patch for it.

If you're on a 64-bit version of Windows, you can try upgrading to 64-bit Firefox.  You'll also get a much better experience from Flash and Firefox in terms of stability, performance and security.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do that, and maybe it will help, but according to a vote, that was added to my bug report at https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FP-4198297​, using 64bit version of Firefox won't eliminate the problem.
Also it's not so much myself who's troubled by this - it's the end users of my apps -  I have several running apps like the one in the example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced the same problem with Firefox 64bit under Windows 8, meanwhile Firefox 32bit and Internet Explorer work fine. Under Mac OS X instead Firefox 64bit has no problem.

I've opened a thread on the Firefox Forum to ask if this is a Firefox or an Adobe Flash bug: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3031163

Let's see what they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This worked for me

in firefox go to addons >

find "Shockwave Flash" and select options next to it

disable "Enable Adobe Flash protected mode"

Restart Firefox

Cheers

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disabling protected mode on 32-bit Firefox puts you at a significantly increased risk for contracting a malware infection.  It's a terrible idea in the context of 2017 (you're basically rolling back to the state of browser security circa 2010).  It's unfortunate that recommendation continues to live on in support documents and the common lore.

You're far better off with one of the following options:

1.) If you're on 64-bit Windows, use the 64-bit variant of Firefox on Windows, which includes a native NPAPI sandbox, eliminating the need for Flash Player's own sandbox.  You'll also get a much better experience from Flash and Firefox in terms of stability, performance and overall security in both the plug-in and browser.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

2.) Use Chrome or Edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines