• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash crashing on Facebook photo uploads

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome31.0.1650.57 (Official Build 235101)
OSMac OS X 10.9
Blink537.36 (@161986)
JavaScriptV8 3.21.18.7
Flash11.9.900.152
User AgentMozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.57 Safari/537.36

I'm trying to pin down a recent development with Chrome/Flash.

Trying to upload pictures to Facebook for the past month has been a significant challenge as flash keeps crashing/dying/exploding in a ball of fire.

On my Mac Mini, I dare not upload anything as the Chrome/Flash crash will cause the MacOS (10.7.5) to crash too.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or found a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chrome (Windows or Mac) has its own proprietary Flash Player plugin, called "PepperFlash".

If you go to: [user]/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome you'll find the PepperFlash folder.

ppf.jpg

You need to hold the "Option" key when you click "Go" from the Finder menu to access your [user] Library folder.

Trash it and empty the trash.

Relaunch Chrome and it should either rebuild the plugin or prompt you to update, and it will replace it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines