Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash + Firefox + Ubuntu 18.04 + 64bit = :(

Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Ubuntu 18.04 installed, which is a 64bit operating system. I also use Firefox. On a clean installation I installed the Flash Player and some websites are okay with that - including Adobe's own version checker.

There are a number of websites which fail to load, though. Some say there is an invalid wmode setting, others say RTMP is an invalid URL, others simply show nothing. The same websites work in Windows Vista 32bit Firefox (an old machine to test the same websites) so it appears to be a problem with the combination in the title of this post.

I have checked installation instructions and despite doing exactly as told, nothing seems to make it work, including disabling hardware acceleration and all sorts.

Reading the guide about posting problems, here's some stats:

Any help would be appreciated. I know the Ubuntu and Firefox forums complain this is a Flash issue which can only be fixed by Adobe. This is actually one of those situations where every company is blaming each other.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Angry Birds link doesn't work on Mac, either.  I see some failing network requests to Rovio's servers in the browser debugging tools.  The ActionScript error message indicates that their code is getting an error code back that they don't expect, and haven't handled, but I don't have any insight into their code.  My guess is that the two things are related, but Rovio is in the best position to troubleshoot.

Can you provide some specifics for the other problem websites that you describe above, like URLs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines