• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player does not work in Internet Explorer

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player does not work in Internet Explorer. In the instructions below, I can not perform step number five, because the "Enable" button is not active, as well as the "Disable" button.

Enable Flash Player 

Ensure that Flash Player is enabled.

•   
    Open the page that has the rich media content in Internet Explorer. For example, visit Flash Player Help.

•   
    Click the Tools menu, in the upper-right corner of Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools menu     

•   
    From the Tools menu, choose Manage add-ons.

Choose Manage Add-ons     

•   
    Select Shockwave Flash Object from the list.

Note:  Ensure that your current website has rich media content. If the current website does not contain rich media content, Shockwave Flash Object doesn't appear in the list.

Select Shockwave Flash Object     

•   
    Click Enable, and then click Close.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I mean.

enable.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is what I saw when I tried to install Flash Player, as I was advised. Before this, I uninstalled it completely from my PC

утфиду1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you definitely follow this step: "Note:  Ensure that your current website has rich media content. "

Please share the web site, the people who understand this sort of thing will need to know. If it's private/subscription/secret, please try with a public site that uses Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course, website has media content. This is what I see on the site and cannot view itUt.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I click on "Download the free Flash Player Now", I get instructions on how to activate it. That instruction, in which I can not perform step number five due to the fact that none of the desired buttons are active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, Microsoft does not allow external installs into Edge or Internet Explorer

If you want to use the latest Flash Player, you will have to use a non-Microsoft browser

Or, contact Microsoft about problems with Edge or Internet Explorer

Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx for ALL Windows help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In general, most of the major US browsers block Flash Player by default at this point.  There's a *lot* of content on the web that assumes that if Flash Player isn't available, it's not installed.  That was a pretty valid assumption until recently.

As a result, when a website tells you to install Flash, there's a pretty good chance that you actually just need to enable it.  Particularly if you use a browser that includes Flash Player as a built-in component, like Google Chrome and Edge and Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and higher.

Some browsers (Chrome, IE and Edge) try to smooth this out by interpreting a click on a link that points to the Flash Player download (assuming that the content is pointing to a legitimate Flash Player download link), and they'll just give you the activation prompt when you click the installation link.  I'm not super enthusiastic about that option, just because malicious actors sometimes publish very real-looking update dialogs that link off to malware.  I try to guide people to always going to the vendor's website or app store for downloads and to steer clear of clicking links.  ( For Flash, this is https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer )

The latest instructions for enabling Flash Player in a given browser can be found here:

Flash Player Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines