• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player is disabled

New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 10 which is supposed to have Adobe Flash Player by default but when I try to use it, it says its disabled. I have already tried going into my settings and making sure that Adobe is allowed and going to the websites permissions and all that jazz and yet it still won't work. It will sometimes give me a pop up asking me if I want to allow Flash Player on this site and the only option I can click is "Allow Once" and not "Allow Always" or what ever. If I try to click on a download link for Flash Player (i.e. https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/) it will automatically reroute me to Flash Player Help  without me being able to try to download it or anything. I have tried following all the steps on this page to no avail. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Please provide the exact link to the content that isn't working.

The detecting and loading of Flash Player is handled by the browser.  Flash has nothing to do with it.  It's also the responsibility of the content developer to ensure their Flash detection scripts conform to the browser requirements.  If you're not being prompted to Allow Flash, then it's most likely the content that doesn't confirm to the constantly changing browser landscape.

It will sometimes give me a pop up asking me if I want

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the exact link to the content that isn't working.

The detecting and loading of Flash Player is handled by the browser.  Flash has nothing to do with it.  It's also the responsibility of the content developer to ensure their Flash detection scripts conform to the browser requirements.  If you're not being prompted to Allow Flash, then it's most likely the content that doesn't confirm to the constantly changing browser landscape.

It will sometimes give me a pop up asking me if I want to allow Flash Player on this site and the only option I can click is "Allow Once" and not "Allow Always" or what ever.

Microsoft recently changed their Allow Flash options, removing the 'Always Allow' option. This is a browser vendor decision and nothing to do with Adobe/Flash Player.

If I try to click on a download link for Flash Player (i.e. https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer% 2F) it will automatically reroute me to Flash Player Help  without me being able to try to download it or anything

This is expected behaviour, since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same exact problem. How do I use adobe flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a Microsoft browser, you need to ask Microsoft

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no issue for Adobe to resolve.  The browser vendor controls the loading of the browser.  Content providers need to ensure their Flash detection scripts conform to the browser requirements so the browser can prompt the user to allow Flash on the page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top link for Microsoft Edge is a waste of time - it doesn't help because no matter how many times those steps are followed, the next time a site  is visited the whole process of having to 'allow once' happens.  Its irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are plenty of good not known web browser on internet without this issue, just check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what Microsoft decided. They took away ALWAYS ALLOW, that is gone for good. All Microsoft left is ALLOW ONCE, so you are not missing anything. Yes, this is annoying, it's supposed to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top link for Microsoft Edge is a waste of time - it doesn't help because no matter how many times those steps are followed, the next time a site  is visited the whole process of having to 'allow once' happens.  Its irritating.

As I mentioned in my initial reply to OP, this is by design by Microsoft.  Adobe has nothing to do with this.  The browser controls the plug-ins.  Microsoft has decided to only provide the 'allow once' functionality, not Adobe.  As we move towards Flash's end-of-life at the end of 2020 browser vendors will create more and more friction when it comes to allowing Flash, making it more difficult to play Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problem, followed the steps in Edge to enable, toggled it off and on again to try to trick the system to work and it still doesn't, not even once--I remember several months ago trying to install Adobe Flash player when I WASN:T using edge, but IE and Firefox and it didn't work then either--I think they have bugs that they are NOT fixing and it is very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue diepends to the browser, not Flash. So you should contact the browser developers. You can for now find some browser extensions that force Flash to be enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines