• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player offline installer

Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day

Where will I find the offline installer files ?

Are they still available to download?

[email removed by  moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Hi,

For windows :

Open the page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

Under the heading "Still having problems" click on the specific link to NPAPI/PPAPI/ActiveX plugin.

For Mac :

Open the page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

Under the heading "Still having problems" click on the specific link to NPAPI/PPAPI plugin.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For windows :

Open the page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

Under the heading "Still having problems" click on the specific link to NPAPI/PPAPI/ActiveX plugin.

For Mac :

Open the page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

Under the heading "Still having problems" click on the specific link to NPAPI/PPAPI plugin.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi charlesb31767866

Are you wanting to distribute Flash Player within your organization.  If so, you'll need to obtain a distribution license at Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume for private use we can still get it from here for win7 anyway.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

I wish companies would not hide offline links, i prefer to download my installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offline installers have never been hidden.  They've always been posted to the tech note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is good to know but how exatly do i get there? Where is tech note?

As a user i go the default way to Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

From the link above there is no link where i can download offline installer. The file from this page is (1,1 MB) which is a online installer.

Then there are several links to help pages. So how does one get from the main page to the tech note?

That is why i say its hidden. But please do tell us how we go from A to B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tech note you link to on your March 22 post contains the links to the offline installers.  Posted at the bottom of the page in the 'Still having problems' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually had to google to that page so its not possible or obvious how to get there from the main page.

Any how the title of that page reads:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

So i thought the links are not for Windows 10 which i have on my home PC.

Or are the files the same for Win7 and later? If so the title should be changed, its misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the page is titled as such because Windows 10 integrates Flash Player in IE/Edge browsers and the ActiveX Control content on that page doesn't apply to Windows 10 (or 8.1).  The NPAPI and PPAPI plugin content on the page does apply to all supported versions of Windows, including Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok great, i mainly use Firefox so then the link is good for windows 10, thanks for confirming.

Still though you cant get there from the main page , there should simply be a offline download link somewhere on the main page.

Anyway its good that this thread is available for others stumbling on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes  I agree.  Do Not hide the offline installers.  plus this adobe offline installer DOES NOT WORK !!!  asshole  Adobe  3 stooges.  It just downloads  a small portion that DOES NOT work  ADOBE !!!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said before, the offline installers have never been hidden.  They've always been posted to the tech note mentioned previously.

Your comment on the offline installer does not make sense.  The offline installer is the complete file package.  The online installer is the one that is a shim installer that downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  Many software companies use a shim installer to download software.  Adobe isn't the only one.

We're more than happy to assist you with your installation issue.  Please provide the following information:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont want to sound rude but if you can not navigate from the main page to what we are asking then its called "hidden". Whats hard to understand?

Also there are tons of companies not using shim installer or offer both in a simple way. Most technically inclined people (we here) do not like this method so adobe should be customer friendly and provide what we ask for. I think we have had this topic for the last 2-3 years where people google and look for the offline installer just to end up in the forum and find this magical place you call "tech note"

I use Adobe premiere which is great but i'm not the biggest fan of Flash and to be honest i'm very happy that we now have HTML5 and lash is being used less and less. Hopefully we wont bother you more at one point

This tech note you keep mentioning, i did ask you how a user goes from main page to "tech note". You never answer me. That would help people! If you can not then it should be added. Just as you ask for information and expect people to give that to you we also ask for information but sadly we just get a sentence "posted to the tech note".

--> But how do we get there from Adobe.com?

Or better yet from -->

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just wanted to find out, if you want to deploy Flash Player as an organisation, will there be a fee for the license, and how much might that be, just to get an idea?

Kind Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christiaanvisagie​,

Flash Player installers are available for customers with a distribution license (free for most use cases) for organizations to deploy.  Please go to Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe  to apply for a distribution license. Do not use public domain email addresses, such as gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc as they are not allowed.  Most distribution license requests are processed virtually immediately, however, it can take up to three (3) business days to receive a reply.  The email reply will come from noreply@adobe.com and contain a signed PDF attachment.  Please ensure your spam filters are configured to not block the email

If you do not receive a reply within three (3) business days, please private message me the Adobe ID/email address used to request the distribution license and I'll follow-up with the licensing team.  To send a private message, click on my user_name link and then on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, please include a link to this discussion topic.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@avinashv13291582

As is clearly stated, those or beta versions, NOT stable versions, therefore, not the latest version.  An enterprise customer, deploying Flash Player within their organization is NOT going to deploy beta quality software system-wide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having similar issues, Windows 7 x32 OFFLINE installer, and even the "other" one (for security reasons avoid "net installs")

It yields exit code 1004, with either method.

Regardless of wether it's the PPAPI or NPAPI variant.

Any help would be welcome, I've saved the log files (ADM etc) however they appear very similar to those already posted

Sincere thanks,

VC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines