• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash10b stopping Lego Digital Designer 4.3.11 installer

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for awhile now I have been trying to download the latest version of Lego Digital Designer 4.3.11. every time their installer tries to detect and install what it thinks is the necessary Adobe Flash version, it gets stuck on a file named Flash10b.ocx. and the process aborts.

I have already contacted the Lego support team twice now, and their follow up email suggests I get help from you people this time around.

this comes with some strings: this HP laptop is running windows 10, and about 4 weeks ago I had completely wiped and reset everything to clean out all the malware and pup files that were holding back the machines performance.

everything is fresh, so logically I shouldn't be having these problems installing the software and having Adobe Flash work with it... I am unsure.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

[moderator: edited title for clarity]

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like an issue with the LDD installer, not Flash Player.

Lego has included Flash Player ActiveX Control version 10.0.22.87 in their setupldd-pc-4_3_11.exe installer.

Flash Player 10.0.22.87 was released in early 2009.  As of Windows 8.x, Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX Control in IE, and Edge on Windows 10, and all updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Update.  Due to this, Microsoft considers Flash Player ActiveX Control a system component and locks the permissions on the file to prevent users from uninstalling it, or other programs from modifying it.

I tested this on the following Windows 10 system:

• Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS build 17134.648 - Virtual Machine (host is the Lenovo P51 mentioned below)
    • Flash Player ActiveX version installed = 32.0.0.156 (KB4489907)
    • LDD installed fine with no issues
  • Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 OS build 17134.648 - Virtual Machine (host is the Lenovo P51 mentioned below)
    • Flash Player ActiveX version installed = 32.0.0.156 (KB4489907)
    • LDD installed fine with no issues
  • Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1809 OS build 17763.379 - Lenovo P51 (physical machine)
    • observed same behaviour you reported - LDD fails to install with the Flash Player error.

I tried looking for LDD installation logs to troubleshoot, but couldn't find them.

I don't know when setupldd-pc-4_3_11.exe was released, however, it's digital signature is dated November 24, 2017.  It's quite shocking that software released around November 2018 has bundled a version of Flash Player that was released 8 years prior.

I recommend going back to Lego for assistance. We can't troubleshoot why their software is attempting to install a 10 year old version of Flash Player ActiveX Control on a system it cannot install Flash Player on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I observed same behavior you reported on Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 OS build 17763.475.

Here is my workaround:

1. Start LDD installer, proceed until it Adobe Flash Player warning (don't press Yes yet)

2. Open this folder: %TEMP%\WZSE0.TMP\

3. Delete this file: install_flash_player_active_x.exe

4. Find OpenGLChecker.exe and rename it as: install_flash_player_active_x.exe

5. Click Yes and, voila, Flash player installer skipped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really helped me, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just this evening I ran into the very same issue le_beholder described in his original question.

The instructions provided by ikarib worked like an absolute charm.  Thank you for your help and guidance! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im a bit late but still, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this was key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to bump an old discussion like this, but I am having this problem with installing LDD 4.3.11.

Where can I find the folder %TEMP%\WZSE0.TMP\?

I know very little about this kind of stuff. I just want to use LDD on my new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found the folder %TEMP%\WZSE0.TMP\, but I am being told the folder is empty. 

You cannot download LDD 4.3.11 from LEGO anymore; they have replaced it with version 4.3.12, which does not work at all. 

Now, in 2020, it seems to be harder to make LDD 4.3.11 work and download properly. 

I am downloading it from oldergeeks.com, but it is not downloading the right zipped folder, I think. Like I mentioned, I really don't know anything about this sort of thing. I just got a new computer, and I wanted to get LDD on it. I got my previous computer in 2016, and I was of course able to download LDD 4.3.10 from the LEGO website, and upgrate to 4.3.11 when that came out. Is there anyway ikarib can refine his or her instructions from above in such a way that they apply to the version of LDD I am trying to install and that is more detailed and makes more sense. 

I am sorry if I sound a bit harsh or agressive. Admittedly, I am just like that. I try to be as polite as possible, but sometimes, I can't. I hope that ikarib or someone else can help me out here, because I would really love to use LDD again. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines