• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer for OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if Adobe will update their Flashplayer for OS Catalina?  I cannot download Flashplayer now that I've upgraded to Catalina because the current versions of Flashplayer are 32 bit only, apparently.

TOPICS
Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly makes you say they are 32 bits? Any messages? Info on web page? Please be detailed, your problem may be different than you think. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I had read. At any rate, Flashplayer download isn't available for Mac OS Catalina on the Adobe website. My current Flashplayer won't work on Catalina and says it needs to be updated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you read that? It makes no sense because Safari has been 64-bit for years. However, there is MUCH more to working in Catalina than being 64 bit, that's just the only part journalists understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I had read. At any rate, Flashplayer download isn't available for Mac OS Catalina on the Adobe website.

Not sure were you read that FP 32 on the download page refers to 32-bit architecture as it's not mentioned on the  page.  The # after FP has always refered to the major version number

major-version.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Waiting for Adobe or the world of Mac people to come up with a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I think I see part of the problem. Flash Player has a version, and the current version has reached 32. Some people are assuming that "FP 32" means it's 32-bit rather than the 32nd version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player supports MacOS 10.10 and higher.  That includes MacOS 10.15.   

You should be able to download it here: 
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but unfortunately, Flashplayer only supports Mac OS X 10-10.14.  (If you look on their website it tells you to select your operating system in step 1 of the download process.)  It doesn't support 10.15, won't work on Catalina.  I spoke w/tec support on Adobe.com and he said they are working on getting a version of Flashplayer that will be compatible with Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player has been updated to support Catalina.  With that said, it appears the verison number on the download page hasn't been updated.  I'll notify the team managing the download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version number is scheduled to be updated in the November release (2nd Tuesday of the month).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With today's Flash Player release, the macOS version numbers have been updated on the otherversions download page:

macOS-versions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did go ahead and download the version for OS10-10.14--it doesn't work perfectly but works on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are experiencing playback issues on macOS 10.15, please file a bug at https://tracker.adobe.com

Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_For_Mac_OS_users for information to include when filing a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromiec, if you go to download Flash Player for other systems, it only states 10.10 to 10.14. Perhaps this can be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines