Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Pac-Man

Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in 2010, Google celebrated Pac-Man's 30th w/a playable doodle on the Google main page. Back then, I was able to download a local version to play; & I have from time to time w/o any problems.

To play this local version correctly, sound needed to be enabled. A snippet from Adobe.com:
A trusted local HTML file may permit an untrusted local SWF to script it by setting allowScriptAccess="always".
However, an untrusted local HTML file may never permit an untrusted local SWF to script it, regardless of the value of allowScriptAccess.
To have Flash trust the local SWF, the Google Pacman folder must be added to the allow list using the Flash Control Panel:
1. Open the Adobe Flash Control Panel > http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager04.html
2. Click 'Edit Locations'
3. Click 'Add Location'
4. Browse to the Google Pacman directory
5. Click 'Confirm'

So now that Flash is "dead", I downloaded Adobe's official Flash Player Projector.
But Google Pac-Man will not play.
1. I start the Flash Player Projector.
2. Using the Menu, I click: File>Open & navigate to my Google Pac-Man folder.
3. But selecting the .html file OR the .swf file does nothing. The game does not start.

Can anyone help me w/this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're asking about an 11 year old Google doodle, is this a prank?   Ask Google to create you a new doodle that doesn't use Flash. I'm sure they'll be happy to accommodate you.  🙂

But seriously, there is nothing you can do now except find new interests.  This Pacman game is built with HTML5 Canvas so no special players or browser plugins needed.

https://pacman.platzh1rsch.ch/

Have fun!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only play Google Pac-Man once in a while & it's a fun wind-down.  I would like get the sound to work, but I can still play while offline just fine.

Are you kidding me w/that link?  I played 1 maze & it is probably the WORST Pac-Man clone I have ever seen & played!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote I would like get the sound to work...

===========

Can't help you with that, sorry.  Ask Google.  Or consult your operating system's online documentation. 😉

Goodbye and good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines