Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to white list URL

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Adobe flash version we have is June 2020 release 32.0.0.387.  According to the Admin guide: https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide/pdf/l... 

Whitelisting of URL can be enabled by setting the following in the mms.cfg file:

EnableAllowList=1

AllowListUrlPattern=<your url>

Flash content still runs even when not in the allow list.  Is the above the correct settings to use, or is there anything else needed?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Chrome? This PDF:https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide/pdf/l...

Indicates Chrome looks in its own location, check out page 36

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Mark0D4D.  I will take a look at that for Chrome.

My query is for IE.  Someone noted that those settings may not be in operation yet (the admin guide is ahead of the actual change).   Can the Adobe team confirm and if so when will it be available (one problem is that Win 10 IE doesn't get the Adobe Flash update unless there is a security fix).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The allowList feature is in current versions of the player and works.  I don't remember exactly what version it landed in off the top of my head, but it would be in the relevant release notes.

The latest version of the admin guide is very clear about how to use the feature, and provides copy-paste examples.  Just read the enterprise enablement section carefully and it should make sense.  I did a pretty heavy revision of the entire admin guide a few weeks ago, and it's probably the most comprehensive explanation of any feature we've done there.

If it's not working for you, I'd start by making sure that mms.cfg is in the right location and actually being read.  Keep in mind that 32-bit and 64-bit processes run from different locations (windows/syswow64 or windows/system32 for 32 and 64-bit respectively).  Also, make sure you saved the file as ANSI or UTF-8.  If you saved it in a weird encoding, we'll ignore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @jeromiec83223024.

We do have mms.cfg working already for other options in there.  I didn't see the AllowList feature in the release note here https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/flash-player/release-note/fp_32_air_32_release_notes.html#new_features

Is there some other place I should look? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeromiec83223024,

We am having a similar issue. We have performed the below steps and IE11 is not displaying flash content after modifying the server date to post-EOL. By contrast, Edge is working as expected both pre EOL and post EOL. Please see details below.

Wondering if you can assist?

Thank you for your time!

Confirmation steps performed:
1.) Confirmed versions of flash support usage of the mms.cfg changes

a.) 32.0.0.387

2.) Confirmed mms.cfg changes match examples

a.)

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0
          AutoUpdateDisable=0
          EnableAllowList=1
          AllowListURLPattern=[http://MyServer/MyApplication/]

3.) Confirmed mms.cfg files are modified in both the 32-bit and 64-bit paths as well as Edge path
      a.) C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
      b.) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
      c.) C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\System

4.) Confirmed that IE11 and Edge work before EOL date

5.) Confirmed that Edge works post EOL date by modifying server date

6.) Unable to confirm IE11 working post EOL date by modifying server date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I use a software (CasparCG) that uses the ActiveX standalone (whitout a browser around it) and I can confirm, that I have made the same steps as @Britt5C6D has using IE. I used SysInternals ProcessMonitor to make sure, that the files is read by the process. So what can that be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From another StackOverflow I found out, that Flash Player must be version 32.0.0.445 that these settings will be loaded. But I am stuck to figure out how the AllowListUrlPattern must be for a local folder. That seems not to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file:* will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide/pdf/l...

It should be on page 28, under Enterprise Enablement.  Also, make sure you're on 32.0.0.445 or higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone I made a video here reproducing the problem and showing the changes to mms.cfg, most likely you palced the file in the wrong location (note chrome has a special location which i verified on Windows 10 when I tested that envrionment as documented i nthe admin guide): https://youtu.be/ztAOn666Cn8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, Didi and I have been talking over email today.

I filed the following bug over on the CasparCG Server github explaining the fundamental problem.  It includes details on how to configure a working troubleshooting environment (It's been a while and I forgot that mm.cfg lives somewhere else): 

https://github.com/CasparCG/server/issues/1352

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines