• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 crashes with flash player

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated flash player a few weeks ago my webcam randomly crashes on websites that use flash to dissplay my video.

In flash settings my logitech camera is the only source of video that shows up.

I recently updated my webcam software/drivers by uninstalling the old ones, doing a clean boot, and installing the new software, per the instructions.

But I still get random crashes in both firefox and internet explorer.  I have all the latest updates installed but have not been able to fix these crashes.

Below are my specs and a recent crash report from internet explorer:

Any suggestions?  Thank you.

--------------------------------------------
--OS: - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) with Service Pack 1
--CPU: - Intel Core i7-980X Extreme
--Video Card: - EVGA GeForce GTX 580
--Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 24GB
--Memory Cooler: - G.SKILL FTB-3500C5-D Fans

--Webcam: Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
    Logitech Webcam Software version 2.51 build 13.51.828

- Browsers:
Firefox version 23.0.1
Internet Explorer version 9.0.8112.16421

- Flash version 11.8.800.94
--------------------------------------------

CRASH REPORT:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: iexplore.exe
  Application Version: 9.0.8112.16502
  Application Timestamp: 51f08c68
  Fault Module Name: Flash32_11_8_800_94.ocx
  Fault Module Version: 11.8.800.94
  Fault Module Timestamp: 51c4d6e5
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00785e9a
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried cleaning out all temp files, checking for spam and viruses and restarting several times but it still crashes randomly.  I've searched google but have not found anything to help yet.  Does anyone else have these issues with a webcam and flash?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the problem.  I also hear a clicking sound in the other person's video.  Been mostly trying omegle.com and I constantly get random crashes in IE and Firefox.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please open a new bug report on this issue over at https://bugbase.adobe.com. The following FAQ will walk you through the information we'll need and instructions for generating a crash log (if applicable):

How do I report a Flash Player crash to Adobe? - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/953796

Once the bug has been added, please post back with the bug URL or bug number so that others effected can add their comments and votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2013 Aug 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug Report Created

Adobe Flash Player 11.8  -  Bug 3622467

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3622467

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing an earlier version of flash (10.3) but it didn't work. I uninstalled the new version first but after installing the older version internet explorer and firefox did not register that I had flash installed so I couldn't test anything. Maybe I didn't download the correct file. So I had to uninstall and reinstall the latest version again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is anyone else having webcam trouble with flash?  This is becoming frustrating.

Any idea when Adobe will fix this?

Or can someone tell me how to install an earlier version of flash for IE or firefox, since it seems the file I downloaded did not register with the browsers.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I kept the latest version of flash in Internet Explorer but I installed an earlier version of flash in Firefox (flash version 10.3.183.90).  I tested the camera on omegle.com again and I still get the crash in both IE and Firefox so version 10.3.183.90 still causes the crash.  I don't know if this is a flash problem or logitech problem but I hadn't changed anything with my camera when these crashes started.  And since then I updated my webcam to the latest drivers but still no change.

Since I don't remember exactly when this happened I don't know what flash version I had when things were ok.  Not sure what to do.

I also have a post on logitech.com

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/video_clients/message-id/15251

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MagicAnthony wrote:

Well I kept the latest version of flash in Internet Explorer but I installed an earlier version of flash in Firefox (flash version 10.3.183.90).  I tested the camera on omegle.com again and I still get the crash in both IE and Firefox so version 10.3.183.90 still causes the crash.  I don't know if this is a flash problem or logitech problem but I hadn't changed anything with my camera when these crashes started.  And since then I updated my webcam to the latest drivers but still no change.

Since I don't remember exactly when this happened I don't know what flash version I had when things were ok.  Not sure what to do.

I also have a post on logitech.com

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/video_clients/ message-id/15251

Have you tried repairing Internet Explorer? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the same thing happens in firefox so I don't think reparing internet explorer would matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the Webcam? Remove it and all drivers/reg keys from the system using Control Panel, Device Manager and Registry Editor before reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the bug report.  This FAQ should walk you through the steps for uninstalling and point you to our archive page which contains most of our past releases:

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

I'd also be interested to know if either CF's or Vredevrede's suggestions help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not tried the suggestion of reparing internet explorer as I would rather use that as a last resort than lose all my current settings.  Also, since it also happens on firefox I do not think reparing internet explorer would be the solution.  Correct?

Also, the suggestio vredevede would probably also not apply as I have internet explorer 9, not 10.  And I use both 32bit and 64bit versions of IE9 so I don't think I can point both to use 64bit flash???  Also, this doesn't seem to apply to firefox and I have the crash there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the Same problem. It is caused by the 32 bit version of Flash. (See the name in the crash report) When installing Flash on a pc with explorer 10 you get both the 32 and 64 bit version. What you have to do, is to instruct Explorer to use only the 64 bit version. You van see on http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/280434-internet-explorer-10-enable-32-bit-64-bit-ie10-windows-7...  how that can be done. I tried it and had no crash since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines