• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

McAfee Vulnerability Scan found 2 Critical downloads for Adobe Flash Player: One is IE 12.2.0.162 & the other is 12.2.0.162. I don't know what to do. Could you please help me?

Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

McAfee Vulnerability Scan found 2 Critical downloads for Adobe Flash Player: One is IE 12.2.0.162 & the other is 12.2.0.162. I don't know what to do. Could you please help me? Right now I have Adobe Flash Player 19 Active X, and 19 NOAPI. McAfee wants me to download both Critical Downloads. I realize IE is Internet Explorer. McAfee already downloaded one for Firefox. Am I to assume that the other one would be for Google Chrome?  When I click on the downloads from McAfee they ask me what operating system I am using, which is Windows. Then what Version it is.

There are 2 choices Full or Slim other browsers. My computer is Windows 7, 32 Bit. I am 72 and I don't know much about computers. I would appreciate it if someone could help me.

Thank You,

Karen Ranken 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi karenr31814673,

Version 12.2.0.162 appears to be a version for Shockwave Player, not Flash Player.  To download the latest version of Shockwave Player go to Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player and download the installer.  Once downloaded, double-click the file name to launch the installer and proceed with installation.

For Flash Player, version 19.0.0.226 is the latest version for IE (ActiveX) and Firefox (NPAPI).  To find out if you have the latest version, launch IE and Firefox and go to Adobe - Flash Player.  If you do not have the latest version go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download the installer.  The download page auto-detects the OS and browser and offers the corresponding installer for that browser, as such, be sure to go to the page using the browser(s) that doesn't have the latest version.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria

Thank You for all of your help. I appreciate it more than you can ever know!  Everything you told me was true. Actually Adobe Shockwave Player had a newer Version than McAfee found. It is Version 12.2.1.171.

Adobe Flash Player had a newer Version also.  It is Version 19.0.0.245.

I did everything you told me to do, and I now have a better understanding of how to Install and Download.  So I now have both of them with their latest Version.  I wouldn't have been able to this without you answering my question. Your reply was excellent.

Thanks Again,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi karenr31814673,

Glad to hear everything is working now, with both Shockwave Player and Flash Player.

19.0.0.245 is now the latest version of Flash Player, released on Tuesday Nov 10 (after my previous post).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines