• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TV program from ABC TV will not load. Need HLS?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to watch a TV program on my Windows 7 SP 1   IE 11 (version 11.0.9600.18837) computer that has Adobe Flash Player (version 27.0.0.187) installed. IE Add-on Shockwave Flash Object is enabled. The program is on ABC TV and the program will not load. Instead I get a notice saying that "The content requires a browser that supports HLS". See screen shot from ABC.ABC.jpgI have emailed ABC and they tell me that they can not help as it is a browser problem and that I should use Google Chrome.

E mail from ABC

Jake (abcsupport)

Nov 27, 4:12 PM PST

Hi there,

It's great that you've enabled everything in your web browser, but again the browser you're using (by the looks of the screenshot you sent, Internet Explorer) is cycling out Flash, which is why that issue is happening when you use that browser.  Again, since this was a change made on the browser side of things there isn't anything we can do to change this, so moving forward we recommend using Google Chrome as it currently still supports Flash at 100%.

Thank you for your understanding,

Jake

ABC Technical Support

Visit us at:
www.ABC.com

Can you help me with this problem? Thank you,

TomS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a browser issue, not a Flash Player issue.  See This content requires a browser that supports HLS - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines