Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Flash Builder 5 be released?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2013 Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for the question

Hey Adobe, any plans for next Flash Builder? 4.8? 5.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inquiring minds want to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this was true flash builder 5, but I think no.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The comments on http://inflagrantedelicto.memoryspiral.com/2013/10/update-air-sdk-and-asc2-for-flash-builder-4-7/ says Adobe killed FB5.

Then what is next, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really think Adobe has any interest in Flex anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems Flex is practically dead at Adobe.

Killing Flash VM for Android was a good indication.

I wish to be wrong here...  😞

So lets switch to IntelliJ Idea for Flex.

It is not worse than FB4.7, and is actively getting developed.

See: http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/features/flex_ide.html

Has decent support for HTML5 too (but check their WebStorm if you are really into JavaScript..)

Thank you,

Oleg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is ridiculous, cant Adobe post some sort of FB roadmap (if one exists) and let those of us using flex know whether there will be tools coming. If FB is dead then I might as well stop developing in it. I can believe the entire product line for flash is geared around games. Some of us out here actually make applications for business and not entertainment.

Its horrible that adobe's move to open source flex has basically dropped the bottom out of the flex community. Frameworks like parsley, mate, etc. have all been abandoned since there is really no clear direction for the technology.

I pay adobe for the creative cloud subscription and I want to know whether the app I live in will be alive in the future. If not I will give up on my adobe subscription, I can live without photoshop, illustrator and fireworks. Then my money is probably better spent with Xamarin or something like that where I can develop in C# anyway since all my backend stuff is MS stack technology.

I for one have been involved in Flash developement since the days of Future Splash Animator when macromedia bought it and made it Flash v1. Its a shame to give up on a platform with so many current features and so much potential.

Adobe, let us know.

Maybe we can get adobe to open source the FB IDE code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Can we get some sort of a roadmap or something? Should we be moving to other products (FDT, FlashDevelop)? I prefer Flash Builder but it lacks features and stability. It's not perfect but it does the job. What's next Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Adobe will abandon Flash Builder in the future. They updated all product names to "CC" like "Photoshop CC" but Flash Builder still has a number in the name. At least it seems like they don't care alot about this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shameless bump ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea, i want work on Flash Builder 5

PS: Suggestion for mossed components since 2004 by Macromedia Inc.

Very old components from Flash MX 2004 / Flash 8 we missed there.

Flex SDK sees shit because xml-list for menu and it sometimes get error like menu doesn't load xml.

I knew about good functions by menu components from MX 2004 / 8 like thios

<instance> is menu component:

package

{

// Convert from old component by Macromedia into AS3

import components.Menu;

import components.MenuItem; // Idea by SourceSkyBoxer

import flash.Display.Sprite;

import flash.events.MouseEvent;

public class MainApp extends Sprite

{

private var menu:Menu;

private var fileItem:MenuItem;

private var closeItem:MenuItem;

public function MainApp()

{

menu = new Menu();

menu.addItem(fileItem);

menu.x = menu.y = 10;

this.addChild(menu);

fileItem = new MenuItem();

fileItem.label = "File";

newItem.addItem(closeItem)

closeItem = new MenuItem();

closeItem.label = "Close an application!";

closeItem.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, onClickCLose);

}

private function onClickCLose(mev:MouseEvent):void

{

// Something function for handler

}

}

}

PS: I really missed Menu Component because MouseEvent.RightCLick / MouseEvent.CONTEXT_MENU are available since Flash Player 9. I am getting crazy because Menu Component from Flash Pro 9, 10, 11 and 12 haven't yet. Now Flex SDK has MouseEvent.CONTEXT_MENU here and i have tested Menu from Flex Component ( Flex SDK 3.6.0a ) = It works fine like i have created example desktop into Flash Player 11

816804-PIC.png

Build by Flex SDK 4.9.11 with MX Version.

But i want go back Flash Pro CS5.5 / Flash Pro CS6. - Did you develop any minimal components for Pure AS3?

And i have tested with Aspiere Component uiMenu and it works fine, too with Away 3D under Flash Builder 4.5

PS: Aspire Components has faked skins like Windows 2k, XP and Vista Skins

816805-PIC.png

816806-PIC.png

There images are Flash Player 12, Aspire Component UI by Ghostwire with Away3D 4.1.6

But Aspire Component sees like Flex Components But they won't work with Away 3D - View3D inside uiWindow was hidden.

For future with Flash Player 13/14 looks like accessed hidden contextmenu like Qooxdoo Frameworks. I want to hide with Flash Player's Contextmenu.

Application's Container should to set to false without contextmenu. = No contextmenu? If they like this.... Thanks for support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't hold your breathe on Adobe...

Hopefully they'll keep making a "profit" on Flash Professional vs. the "expense" they put into Flash Player and AIR...

...otherwise the bean counters will most likely orphan Flash completely.

If Adobe wanted to make money with Flex and Flash... all they had to do was copy the Microsoft model for their development tools... and stand up for the quality of the Flash/Flex technology vs. the crap-that-is-HTML5.

Instead they started with Flex 1 (or was it 2?) selling at $12,000 a seat... and aimed only for Enterprise level developers.

And then ultimately by 4.x caved to Steve Jobs (who was threatened by Flash actually making Steve's AppStore unnecessary), and the UX-idealists (who think reinventing the wheel every year for SXSW is productive).

And Adobe has devoted so much of their developer "expense" on reinventing the wheel... and there seem to be many people outside who also think rebuilding EVERYTHING in Javascript is the way to go.

When someone replaces Flash Professional with a equivalent quality tool that codes in Javascript and outputs SVG (or whatever HTML5 considers "pure") files...

AND when those files can run in all the web-browsers WITHOUT a plug-in as fast and well as FlashPlayer (because that's what the idealists demanded)...

THEN maybe I'll believe the whole ridiculous effort was worth it.

FlashBuilder 4.8 or 5.0... from Adobe...  I expect the resurrection of Steve Jobs as an HTML5 web-app will happen first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pother, I wish this was stackoverflow so I could give you +1 for best FB rant ever, hilarious.

Who let you in my head to steal my thoughts anyway?

The convoluted Adobe product strategy couldn't have been put any better, I miss Macromedia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not answered? But everyone here definitely want one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we PLEASE get an update on this? 4.7 was released over 2 years ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot understand how is it possible this so obvious advanced development product as Flash with conjunction with Flash Builder to be abandoned!

It is more than stupidity rather than logical decision!!!

Even when the opponents of Flash caught CPU in their left hand are carrying about the mystic CPU load will admit :

The Flash is Supreme for the New Digital FX Generation!

So, people,

let come together!

Let be united!

And if Adobe will acts like a blind men let give to us the Flash/Flex community the full open source of this ultimate irreplaceable products and we will do the impossible - To bring the glory of it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has completely abandoned Flex/Flash community. Flash builder 4.7 doesn't have the design view for flex. And there has not been any update on Flash Builder for past 2 to 3 years. Steve Jobs, did what he does, but Adobe stopped believing in this powerful technology, due to which is dying now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a comment! Seriously? First, Adobe did not "abandoned" Flex/Flash, they gave Flex to the open community. Second, Flash is not part of that deal since they still develop Flash Pro and are still actively developing Flash Player and AIR for desktop and mobiles (AIR). So, we know that there is no other version of FB coming with Flex, fine. But the question here is about Flash Builder for ActionScript development. Flash Pro is fine but is not intended for big coding project, more for animation and illustration. Flash Builder is (was) the product of choice for that end and I think it still have some place in the developers community as a new version would be great for all of them (me included).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is indeed ridiculous... Why aren't Adobe saying anything about Flash Builder....If they're releasing new versions of flash pro, and updating the AIR runtime, why aren't they saying anything? How else are we supposed to build large scale projects? Whay isn't there a CC version of FB? Why aren't you releasing some kind of roadmap?  Adobe- you guys are a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's face it, the new version will never be available. If you are not happy with Flash Builder 4.7, try IntelliJ IDEA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. You can build AIR applications and swf files with IntelliJ IDEA? I did quick research and it seems that you can code JavaScript and web stuff but I saw no sign of AS3 at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use FDT, which is the most similar to Flash Builder you will get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE?????????????? Your customers would really like answers! Are you still supporting Flash Builder? Will there be a newer Flash Builder? Or do you guys not give a damn anymore? The reason i bought my subscription was not for the "art" programs like Photoshop, etc. I bought my subscription for Flash Builder. So i'm paying $50 a month for a program that you guys don't even support anymore??? What a waste of money! Adobe seems to be a company that doesn't care about their customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a subscription for Flash Builder and would like to know if any update is coming ?

I mean Adobe used to be better now it seem's they are not even answering easy questions.
Adobe should update Flash Builder and have export to PS4 , Xbox1 and Wii U to take back the Gaming industry.

It would be a smart move because I am thinking to switching to Unity because of all the exports.

I love AS3 why is nothing happening ? HTML5 is not good ! You need to wrtie CSS HTML Javascript all very it's depressing because you know AS3 can do it all....

Adobe bought Flash for Billion's was king of the web for a decade, it even got upgraded.
Air came out for desktop and mobile APP's. Now they want to focus more on HTML5. Flash get's burned for a lesser and older technology plus the performance is not good.

I wish I could run the place, I would turn it great again with a better focus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines