Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Flash Builder 5 be released?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with you. They need to just change the name from Flash Builder and make it Air Builder CC. Adobe seems like they're abandoning the flash community. I truly hope I'm wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here we are in December 2015, and "Flash Professional" is slated to become "Animate CC" early 2016.

So all that work to reinvent the wheel... and they move "Edge"'s features into "Flash".

Probably in the future when we get a JavaScript graphical plugin engine to accelerate and make consistent graphical content across the STILL inconsistent web browsers, then Adobe will be in the perfect position to come out with a new file extension called AAN  (Adobe ANimate)... seeing as (ShockWaveFlash) will no longer be "politically correct".

And aren't we all just loving the explosion of HTML5 graphical interface creativity that we've been seeing the past 4 years...

...gotta love being able to do all those new fangled "rectangular button press" areas on web pages.

Oh and Google did a great job contorting JavaScript into making all the bits of its "Code.org" to teach children how to code.

I wonder how long it would take someone new to start making something equally as good as those programmers at Google...

For that matter, I wonder how many man-woman-pick-your-gender-hours Google spent on that site... I'm sure it was much "faster" than what someone used to do the same with "Flash" technology 5 years ago...?

Oh yeah, this thread was about Flash Builder...

Well don't worry... dBase came back after decades... its now up to version 14.

Maybe IF the Apache project keeps Flex on life-support, some future Adobe board will think... HMM... maybe now is a good time to release Adobe AIR Builder 5.

Anyways...

When JJ Abrams re-invents and shows people programming LCARS interfaces on the next new Enterprise... I'm sure we'll be seeing their fingers flying as they type in all that JavaScript, flip over to their CSS to handle "some" events, then back to their JS file links in their base HTML files, and all their brilliant hacking to add something new into their LCARS.js framework.  Of course Daystrom probably programmed the ships computer in Node.js... or did he use Hadoop?  

It certainly won't be done with any future Flash/Flex technology.

Enough of this... I have to get back to my NON-Flash-based game of SimCity BuildIT that drains the battery on my iPhone faster than Steve Jobs sucked the backbone out of Adobe's management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, we aren't bitter about these developments at all, but looking forward to a new dawn rising one the horizon..

No point looking back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wept as I just uninstalled Flash Builder. We had some great times together, but I had to switch careers as it slowly withered.

Looking at how Fireworks and Director were left to die, I wouldn't could count on an official announcement, rather a slow painful dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, stop being so delusional... Technologies come and go, Flex's time was like 5 years ago... It's a completely dead technology. Flash Builder wasn't even working properly when Flex was in its prime. Time to learn something new, move on.

HTML/CSS/JS (or the various techs that can transpile to it like Typescript, Elm, etc) is more productive than Flex, work on mobiles and can run circles around Flex in terms of performance (especially flex 4 and its stupidly heavy skin system)

Don't wait for an answer from Adobe... They still try to sell director ( Adobe Director ) but it doesn't mean you should develop things with it. Make your own educated choices instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is still a large AS3 developer base, which has always dwarfed Flex. Personally, IntelliJ is a great IDE for AIR development, and I left Flash Builder in the dust a couple of years ago. Still, it's unfortunate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last chance to release a replacement for Flash Builder is now!

Please adobe !

Do not miss this moment!

It will be the last chance to make unbeatable development environment in adobe air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Hope that Adobe free design view for Flash builder 4.7 or 4.8 release. The adobe could hear our cry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget it. Flash Builder 5, or 4.8 is never going to happen. Design View is gone, as is Flash Builder.

Move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will continue to ask someone to answer !

I thought that Adobe was improving communication with your community but still the same old thing .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has no incentive to answer and flash (AS3) based development is not a priority for Adobe, or most developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+3 (years)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we really need new version of FlashBuilder!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should try IntelliJ IDEA, it's much faster and stable than Flash Builder. I used FB a lot before but in the lasts years, switched to IntelliJ and I'm never going back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice that the thread started August 2013.

What do you think the chances of an update are? 🙂

I switched careers 3 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a chance to see an adobe person for all his worries?

And many unanswered question 😕 I do not know where I am headed ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines