• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why? SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: null

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing an Application in Flex 4 that contacts with webservices.

If I run my application with firefox or Chrome when it should catch one exception from the webservice, it doesn't show my exception message and show that error: SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: null

If I run my application with ie8 or with flash player (out of browser), it catch my exception and show my exception message... And this is OK.
Any ideas for my problem?
Best regards,
Miguel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

== SOLVED ==

Flash relies on the browser network stack to get results. etc..

Some browsers will stop and not send flash the body content if it receives a 500 Status code. The best way to fix the error would be to make the .net code not send a 500 status when you are sending a soapfault.

protected void Application_EndRequest(object sender, EventArgs e)

{
     if (Context.Response.StatusCode == 500 || Context.Response.StatusCode == 300)
      {
           Context.Response.StatusCode = 200;
     }

}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody knows why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you post some of your code. what kind of service are you calling are you calling a .net webservice

? do you have a fault? set up on your service of a are you catching the error on your service and returning it as part of the xml?

if you answer some of those questions ill be able to help you further.

ty to put a breakpoint and study the result of the webserice you might be getting a 500 error from your service.

respond back

miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm calling a .net webservice and forcing to throw an exception.

The webservice was configured on flashBuilder 4 using the wizard.

I've the fault event with alert.show to show the error message.

The strange thing is that I run the application on a my computer (windows xp pro sp3) with:

Internet Explorer 8: the error message is my exception

With Chrome and Firefox: the error message is SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: null

I run the application on a 2nd computer (windows 7 pro) with:

Firefox: the error message is my exception

Chrome: the error message is SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: null

I run the application on a 3rd computer (windows xp pro sp3) with:

Firefox: the error message is SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: null

This information is usefull?

Best regards,

Miguel

p.s.: And running the app only with flahsplayer (without browser) the error message is my exception

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok by the sound of what your describing it sounds like you are running into browser compatabilitys iss

ues. here is where i would suggest you start. When you are debuging put a brake point on the

fault function that gets kicked off when the decoded error is happening. Once you do that look at the result event in the variables tell me what you see. I could almost guarantee that you would be getting a 500 error from browser.

Also another thing you should check is that you have the xml file on the root of your service that allows to go across domains? do you have that already in place?

respond back with your findings. I've been threw many of these issues. however i will confess im not a wizard guy i usually code it all out manually.

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Debuging with Internet Explorer I have that:

faultCode:Server faultString:'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: A tabela não existe.

ORA-00942: tabela ou vista não existe

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---' faultDetail:''

With firefox I have that:

faultCode:DecodingError faultString:'SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: ' faultDetail:'null'

But analisying with Network Monitor I see my exception on the response:

HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1

Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:00:34 GMT

X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server ErrorServer: Microsoft-IIS/5.1Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:00:34 GMTX-Powered-By: ASP.NETX-AspNet-Version: 2.0.50727Cache-Control: privateContent-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8Content-Length: 895<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---&gt; System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: A tabela não existe.ORA-00942: tabela ou vista não existe      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---</faultstring><detail /></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

Best Regards,

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi migueldmag,

Can you post the url of your WebService which you are using..(wsdl url)..??

Thanks,

Bhasker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My webservice isn't publish on public server.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

miguel

this is what i was looking for

ORA-00942:

This error suggest that the table or view does not exist in oracle, been there many times. now we can work backwards. your webservice seems to be unstable. so now you have two options. You can try to debug your webservice and figuere out what's wrong there, or you can post the url here so that we can try to help you debug. I can tell you from my experience with the .net webservice im pretty sure your trying to contact an oracle database and the function has a problem in the code.

are you using odp.net? are you using oledb? are you using microsoft oracle data provider?

Let us know which steps you want to take more then happy to help  you with this one.

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know the error... I'm purposely forcing this error my problem is doesn't receive conveniently the exception when I run the application at Chrome or Firefox (Raw response:null) and if i run with Internet Explorer or with Flash Player (no browser) thats works fine ... The app receive (decoded) webservice exception.

I'm using OleDb with MSDAORA provider.

Best regards,

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok well then may i suggest something else then. Perhaps what you can do is put an excepetion handler on your

.net webservice. once it hit exception then it will return the exception withing  a give XML tag in  other words your fault will never get triggered in flex.  Perhaps and im very sqeptical saying this you have hit some compatability issues with the flash player and the browser you have problems with. However i think that if you get the catch the exception in the .net side and return it as part of an xml then you should be ok.

miguel

Message was edited by: miguel8312

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of problems I can have with the compatability issues with the flash player and the browser?

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

miguel

Im taking a guess at best. Without seeing code or being able to call service myself there is not much we can do to help. I do think that if instead of letting your .net webservice failed and instead you  catch the exception and pass it as xml you would problably not going to recieved errors from other browsers.

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi migueldmag,

Can you host your WebService on public server and share the link..?? I am sure the problem is with the WebService only which you are using..

Thanks,

Bhasker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doesn't have where publish online the service... but I put here the code that use to test that

Webservice:

using System;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using System.Linq;

using System.Web;

using System.Web.Services;

namespace webServiceTestes

{

/// <summary>

/// Summary description for Service1

/// </summary>

[WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")]

[WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]

[System.ComponentModel.ToolboxItem(false)]

// To allow this Web Service to be called from script, using ASP.NET AJAX, uncomment the following line.

// [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService]

public class Service1 : System.Web.Services.WebService

{

[WebMethod]

public string HelloWorld(String teste)

{

if (teste=="teste")

throw new Exception("Apanha-me se poderes");

return "Hello World";

}

}

}

The test application:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
                  xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
                  xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600" xmlns:service1="services.service1.*">
     <fx:Script>
          <![CDATA[
               import mx.controls.Alert;
               import mx.rpc.events.FaultEvent;
               import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;
               protected function button1_clickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void
               {
                    HelloWorldResult.token = service1.HelloWorld("teste");
               }

protected function service1_resultHandler(event:ResultEvent):void
               {
                    Alert.show("Result: " + (event.result as String));
               }
               protected function service1_faultHandler(event:FaultEvent):void
               {
                    Alert.show(event.fault.faultString + '\n' + event.fault.faultDetail);
               }
          ]]>
     </fx:Script>
     <fx:Declarations>

<s:CallResponder id="HelloWorldResult"/>
           <service1:Service1 result="service1_resultHandler(event)" id="service1" fault="service1_faultHandler(event)" showBusyCursor="true"/>
          <!-- Place non-visual elements (e.g., services, value objects) here -->
     </fx:Declarations>
     <s:layout>
          <s:VerticalLayout />
     </s:layout>
     <s:Button click="button1_clickHandler(event)"/>

</s:Application>
Result at 3 browsers (Firefox, Chrome and IE): http://img402.imageshack.us/i/exception.png/
best Regards,
Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any idea?

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just ran into this error today. On macos and IE i will receive a soapfault which i can display the faultstring from the server. but on windows in firefox or chrome i get and RPC fault instead which doesn't allow me to show a nice error message from the server.

[RPC Fault faultString="SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: " faultCode="DecodingError" faultDetail="null"]

I'm using a build of HERO (4.5.0.17855). version 4.5.0.18623 has a bunch of ther soap errors that i've ran into.

I'll try switching back to 4.1 later to see if that fixes it later on.

-Nate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me happens with sdk 4.1.

Best regards,

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is a browser realted issue or plugin. i would expect to see the same results. since these browsers use the same plugin.

it was compiled using flex 4.1 target player version 10.

Doesn't work means it isn't able to decode the soapfault.

Firefox (3.6.13) - Windows7

FP 10,0,45,2 - Doesn't Work

FP 10,1,102,64 - Doesn't Work

FP 10,2,151,49 - Doesn't Work

Safari (5.0.3) - Windows7

FP 10,0,45,2 - Works

FP 10,1,102,64 - Works

FP 10,2,151,49 - Works

Chrome (8.0.552.224) - Windows 7

FP 10,1,103,20 - Doesn't Work

IE - Windows 7

Works (dont have more details)

Safari - OSX 10.6.6

Doesn't Work

Chrome - OSX 10.6.6

Doesn't Work

Firefox - OSX 10.6.6

Works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce the same error in OSX using chrome.

Chrome - OSX 40.6.6

FP - 10,1,103,19 -  Doesn't Work

FP - 10,1,102,64 - Doesn't Work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try see with one netmonitor the message that service send to the Application.

Best regards,

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i debug the exception. The very first item that is in the stack is DirectHTTPMessageResponder/errorHandler.

One of the lines in the method is as fallows.

msg.body = URLLoader(event.target).data;

in the browsers that work the msg.body will contain the full soap envelope with the exception details.

in browsers that don't work msg.body is an empty string.

-nate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

== SOLVED ==

Flash relies on the browser network stack to get results. etc..

Some browsers will stop and not send flash the body content if it receives a 500 Status code. The best way to fix the error would be to make the .net code not send a 500 status when you are sending a soapfault.

{
      {
     }

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It Works.

Thanks,

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am new for flex development. I have just started development in flex 4.6.

I am also facing the same problem. Even after ading the C# code, Issue is still persist.

{
      {
     }

}

So I decided to do testing in different maner. I create new method called TEST(string xmlValue) having return type String. In this method I simply return xmlValue as String.

[WebMethod(EnableSession = true)]

public string TEST(string xmlString)

{

XmlDocument xdoc = new XmlDocument();

xdoc.loadXml(xmlString);

return xdoc.OuterXML;

}

I replace the method name in flex application and test. I still got the error. I guess there is some flex issue in this.

But I don't understand before calling this method there are 3-4 web service call which works absolutly fine and when it comes to the 5th call it returns me fault.

FIENDS PLEASE HELP ME. I NEED TO DELIVER IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I AM ALREADY CROSS DEAD LINE.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines