Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arbitrary Queue Management Behavior of FMPS

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am currently using version 16.0.3 of FrameMaker and build version 16.0.0.211 of FMPS.

Motive : I am trying to do an XSLT transformation to create a XML file( Task 1 ), which will be used to Publish as a PDF file(Task 2), I am trying to do this via FrameMaker installed with FMPS.

Problem : As I have mentioned above that our requirement from FMPS is that I want to execute a sequence of a couple of tasks which are interdependent(Task1's output is Task2's input), but when I am executing the sequence, I am noticing an arbitrary behaviour in the Queue Management system of FMPS as when I am executing the sequence of API calls sometimes what happens is that the task which I request for to run at the end runs firsts and as the tasks are interdependent it disturbs the flow.

Any insight on how to tackle this issue.

Thanks 

TOPICS
PDF output , Publishing , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't comment on the queue management at play, but if you are only using XML to process to PDF, what's the content type of the content that you are transforming to XML? 

In other words, is there a way to produce the PDF without the XML XSLT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines