• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ATA iSpec 2200 Rev 2021.1

Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I am helping a client produce AMM and IPC documentation for a particular aircraft. They have purchased the DTDs etc., but I am a little fuzzy on setting up a FrameMaker structured application based on these DTDs. I can open the DTD with FrameMaker as SGML and get an EDD, but I do get some parser errors. I need to ask my client more questions, like what are their deliverables, etc.

I need some help getting started and have budget for this. Is there other information that I need to get from my client? Thank in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting it all up is a bit like eating an elephant...it's best to take it one bite at a time!

If the structapp isn't something you can purchase off the shelf from someone like Mekon, then it'll depend on developing structures for using what will be provided (XML, unstructured content), and developing structures for exactly what they need to deliver (PDF, XML, IETM)

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can a FrameMaker structured application be purchased for the ATA iSpec 2200? Any information would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Matt mentioned, you may want to check with Mekon:

https://aerospace-defence.com/index.php/tech-pubs/products/create/eclipse-ispec2200-cmm-sb-framemake...

Not sure about pricing, as it is a plugin and not just a structured application. Here's an older post too:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker-discussions/fm9-ata-ispec-2200-edd-setup/td-p/2203365

Best regards,

Mats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines