• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bibliography and Equation Support

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a user of FrameMaker for decades and now the 2019 version. Here are elements that are missing from FrameMaker 2019 and do exist in MS word:

1. Bibliography- How can one write a book without a Bibliography option? This is no less that a disgrace for marketing and engineering that requires manual generation of a proper Bibliography. Before Adobe gloats on speed lets have the basics! It does exist in the inferior word!!
  2. The Equation and MathMl editors are not readable on a 4K screen. Too small frame and not scalable. On the MS word the WIRIS equation editor is scalable (looks like Adobe knows  more about vector graphics than MS) and looks great on a 4K screen at any scale. The integration with framemaker is a disgrace for a company like Adobe where technical writing is missing now Bibliography and Math tools.
  3. I am expecting an answer on your immediate plans to address this issues that affect Adobe business.
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Diverπ

For 1. Bibliography you may have a look at my web site: Bibliogrpahy with Citavi or Endnote.

For 2. Equation Editor you may look at my web site: Modified Equation Palette.Well, it's only 125% of the original size - but it's using fonts. So I could build a larger version also - but not for all FM versions back ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your input. I was looking at the direct integration of these features to FrameMaker as a very expensive tool set. I hope that can be included in the following version or upgrade. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Klaus, maybe something we can talk during the Adobe Partner day (tekom). We do have these in our roadmap as feature request from customer but as Barb mentioned we do look at votes as well against all feature requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen any answer from  FrameMaker yet after a year! Pretty amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diver314:

This is a user-to-user forum. Please use this link to add a feature request: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/add_feature. Note that the feature requests with the most votes are the ones mosty likely to get attention from the FrameMaker engineering team.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines