• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
0

Book file being generated as a Creo versioned file

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using FrameMaker 2022 in January. Before that, I was using FM 2019. I also have Creo on my laptop, which I use sometimes (but not recently) to view models. Yesterday, while I was doing something (and I can't tell you what it was - opening and closing files maybe?) Creo Simulate opened on my laptop. I thought it was weird but just closed it and went on. Later, I tried to create a new book and it saved as a Creo versioned file with the Creo Simulate icon.  I've tried several times to create the book and it just keeps saving as a Creo file. Has anyone ever seen this?

Views

80

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Thank you for replying! With the help of a coworker, I just figured out the problem. When I named the book, I deleted the default book name (including the .book extension) and typed my book name, which ended in ".30". We think the ".30" coming at the end without the .book extension forced the file to save as a Creo file. When I saved the book by typing my book name and leaving in the .book extension, the book created correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you change the file name extension of your new Creo file to FM and opened it with FrameMaker?

I had noticed something similar. FrameMaker had created a PDF but the file name was not the one of the FrameMaker file, but the name of a file which I had opened an hour before.

I do not remember, if I had also your issue that the file had also another file name extension.

I noticed this very rarely, maybe once or twice a year. Therefore I did not pay attention.

I do not know what to do to prevent this. This is probably a memory issue.

Best regards, Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying! With the help of a coworker, I just figured out the problem. When I named the book, I deleted the default book name (including the .book extension) and typed my book name, which ended in ".30". We think the ".30" coming at the end without the .book extension forced the file to save as a Creo file. When I saved the book by typing my book name and leaving in the .book extension, the book created correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easy fix. Very good that you could solve your issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines