Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot display imported graphics

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I faced with a problem and tried many variants, but nothing works. I hope you'll help me.

Our colleagues from Germany sent me a folder with .mif content and reference images (EPS-format) and I should change the content. 

When I open the book in Framemaker, the file cannot find the path to the folder with images and I manually indicate the path to each image.

Then the following message appears: "Cannot display imported graphics. The images will appear as grey boxes". WHY?

I tried many variants to solve this problem, but the result is the same.

Maybe someone faced with the similar problem?

Thank you ahead of time for your support!

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try importing one of the graphics into a new FrameMaker document and see how it displays. If the images are EPS, it may be that they don't have previews on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past I have encountered corrupted EPS files. 

EPS is a meta format, meaning the images may contain both bitmaps and/or vector graphics.

Additionally, you may be able your files in either Illustrator (drawings) or Photoshop (pictures, or images). 

As a test, can you open the EPS file in either Illustrator or Photoshop and resave as EPS, PDF, or AI/PSD? All these formats can be imported directly into FrameMaker.

If needed, download a 30-day trial of Illustrator and/or Photoshop for the test.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like the title of this post, so I am posting this feature request here:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-11372

There should be a way to suppress the Cannot display imported graphics message. Please vote for this. I have been asking for this for a long time. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines