• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting DITA to PDF

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a few questions in regards to converting a DITA map to pdf with FrameMaker 2019.

Trying to build custom templates with our corporate branding.

On our technical publications the master footer would include the title of the book.

How would you do this in DITA?

Can drive down to structure/xml/DITA1.3 /app/technicalContent/template and change the master pages for the topic, concept, etc...but seems like I need to be a level above this. Like I need to set a global file for all pages that would feed the book information in the footer, perhaps by metadata or something. Not understanding this.

When I use the PDF publish feature it spits out a cover page, the template which I modified with our company logo at structure/xml/DITA/outputTemplates. This is a great start, but how would I go about populating this bookTitle page with xml information, like the specific book we're working on, cover image, etc. It's like I had wanted to use the outputTemplate file as a master page that I write over the top of.

When we produce books the page count needs to be divisible by 4 and the chapter always starts on a right page. So there are times when you need to insert a blank page inbetween to make it work out. How would you handle this in DITA to PDF? There's not the normal pagination that you'd get with framemaker where you'd control where things fall on the page.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to the following web link:

Adobe FrameMaker (2019 release)

the templates are now stored in sts file.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen that already.

doesn't really address any of the questions I had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you send me an email with the details and sample files - may be i can help you out.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Email: amisingh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines