• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Structured Markers in FM9

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create markers for an Index and a Glossary in my EDD.  I've think I've followed the examples in the Structured Application guide correctly.

EDD.jpg

However, when I import the EDD into my template, select the text and try to insert the marker, the only Element Tag available in the drop-down is <Unstructured>.  I'm thinking that if I've written the markers into the EDD, then shouldn't there be a <Structured> option in the drop-down?

example.jpg

Am I missing a step or making an incorrect assumption?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

You are half correct.

Simply creating the elements for markers is not enough. You also need to specify where they can be used. So, for each element in your EDD in which you want to be able to insert a marker element, you need to edit its General rule to include an optional marker element. For example, the general rule for your paragraph element would be something like:

Elemtn(Container): Para

General rule: (<TEXT> | Index | GlossaryTerm)*

This indicates that the Index and GlossaryTerm elements can b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are half correct.

Simply creating the elements for markers is not enough. You also need to specify where they can be used. So, for each element in your EDD in which you want to be able to insert a marker element, you need to edit its General rule to include an optional marker element. For example, the general rule for your paragraph element would be something like:

Elemtn(Container): Para

General rule: (<TEXT> | Index | GlossaryTerm)*

This indicates that the Index and GlossaryTerm elements can be interspersed within the text of a paragraph element.

When you imported your EDD into your document or template, FrameMaker should have complained that you had defined an element that was not used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha!  I'd put the reference to the Index and Glossary markers in the wrong spot!  Thanks very much.

(I wish I had someone else here at work working on this project to check for silly errors like this, instead of taking up space here.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines