• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cut and paste the wrong data

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with FM 10.  Eventually, when I copy something and then paste, it pastes something else. Usually whatever was in the clipboard previously. Pasting into any other program works fine, but FM will not paste the correct object, and become fixated on the previously pasted item.  When it happens, it happens whether I copy from within the doc, or from another program (Photoshop, Notepad, Word).

This happens with text or graphics.

I will work fine for hours, then it goes off the deep end and this happens.  In order to make it work properly again, I have to close FM and restart it.

Has anybody seen this before?  What is it and how do I stop it?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this just adds more confusion:

On my W7-x64 system (which I was using before setting up W7 x64 on a new laptop in october 2015) all CTRL-anything operations did not work in FM after hibernation. I had to restart FM to get rid of it. Menu work or ESC-sequences worked.I have never encountered this on my new system/laptop since then. And: It did/does not happen with sleep, just with hibernation. Adobe could not reproduce this, although it happened on my previous machine/system setup for FM-11 to FM-13.

Klaus Daube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dcrouse10,

YES, YES, YES! Thank you! I have been seeing this consistently since I started using FM2015 last year. It's just like you say... things work fine for a bit, then you do something and FM no longer pastes content from an external application. It only uses the latest copied FM data. It is definitely not user error. My annoying workaround has been what TK98028120 said, to do a Paste Special.

I am an FDK/ExtendScript developer, so I have gone as far to mess with the clipboard using PopClipboard(), etc., to see if I could reset something and knock it out of this state. No luck.

I have never mentioned it because I figured maybe I had some weird, one-off issue. If everyone saw it, I assumed the mob would be marching with pitchforks. So I kept quiet. But this is at least validation that the problem is really real. It is aggravating enough that someone might give up FM entirely.

But now... could it be fixed? Who knows. At least I can sleep better at night, knowing that I am the mentally stable cool cat that I always thought.

By the way, I do have Skype. I don't think I did when the problem started, though. It is a corporate mandate so I can't get rid of it. I really don't think it is Skype, though.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Russ - all I can say is that the desktop Skype app was the culprit affecting FM and other applications - it was well known as a persistent resource hog. I've never had an issue with the clipboard in FM because I've kept Skype on a tablet or running in a browser only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines