Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discovered unknown Marker types

Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friends,

FM-15: With an ExtendScript I get a complete list of all marker types - and discovered two types I have never noticed: End Marker Number Utility and Start Marker Number Utility.

I have not found in Help what they are used for.

→ Does anyone of You know what they are intended for?

I only recently discovered the menu item Insert > Publish Markers with a number of marker types not listed in the Insert Marker dialogue. About these there is ample information in Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So these do not appear to be associated with <$startrange> and <$endrange>, and not auto-created when using <$autorange>?

{Index markers}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, thanks for this idea:

- No <$autorange> is present in the generated index

- Have added to the text on two successive pages index markers "<$startrange>text of index entry" and "<$endrange>text of index entry".

→ I have not found any new marker of type End Marker Number Utility or End Marker Number Utility.

Maybe it has something to do with DITA and is in the unstructured interface "by error" - similar to the Find-category Publisher …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I recall, they managed to not update the menu.cfg file for unstructured FM with the first release of FM2020. I haven't had a chance to try out the latest beta to see if they fixed that yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. They don't, for example, have the links to third-party plugins in the unstructured Hellp menu that are in the structured Help menu. I should log a bug for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh. I did log a bug for it. https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-9078

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines