Dropdown Accordion in FrameMaker?

Explorer ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be full of questions this week.

Does FrameMaker have the ability to create dropdown accordions?  If so, where can I get the info on it? I have questions that are redundant in my document for different job titles and I wanted to save some real estate using an accordion called Common Questions.

I suppose the other question is whether the accordion also translates into the PDF or Word doc when created. My experience tells me these are typical for HTML, XML, etc. but not sure about printed docs.

Thanks!

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others may know better, but to the best of my knowledge, you can't accordian text in a FrameMaker file.

I believe text can be accordianed in a PDF but you have to use postscript coding to do it. Check Shlomo Peretz's Microtypes website, I think he has a plugin that does that. If he doesn't have something to do that, no one else is likely to.

No idea about what happens if you transfer Frame to Word. I tend to be going the other way.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't that used to be in the Special > Publish Options > Dynamic HTML Effects > Drop Down Caption/Body and Expanding Text Caption/Body? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is a bit different now. There is a Dynamic HTML Effects, and Drop Down, but I am not posting HTML.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, missed the "print to PDF" bit there.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines