I have absolutely no success publishing anything but PDF via the publish panel (and simple HTML via Save as HTML):
Since ZIP can not be attached here (shame!) helpful souls need to rename the attached xxx.zip.bmp to xxx.zip for tests.
Kruzitürken, der attach geht auch nicht → https://daube.ch/zz_tests/Open-Issues.zip
Hi Klaus. You are quite right. I have tested all the options in your file and nothing much works. This seems like a disaster update. Has anyone else these experiences?
@amitojsingh This looks really weird! FrameMaker crashes on all attempts to publish after the new update.
let us get this checked
today i copied the files to my wife's pc (a mini machine, but nevertheless with win 10 and FM-15.0.5) - no add-one, only few applications....
All the tests i did (publish pdf, basic html etc.) created a crash after some time.
Then by chance I browsed from page 6 ... page 9, And there FM quit with a crash.
Ah, what's on this page? There should be the dice.u3d in an anchored frame, but in a glimpse before the crash I did not see the dice - the frame appeared to be empty.
In the next start of FM i opened to page 1 and first create a MIF - in which i found the frame with the dice.
I commented these line out in the MIF and opened it again:
No crash of FM when coming to page. 9. No problem to create a pdf or something else.
I imported the dice.u3d again into the frame and compared the situation in MIF: i remember a statement concerning FILL was missing in the ill file, and two other of this kind.
After this re-import of the u3d file i could create all sorts of output on my wife's pc and hence switched over to mine again.
There I could repeat the positive experience - and created all the outputs (although they are not very nice with just the default settings). But I could see what works and what does'nt (e.g. any flavour of html does not handle the videos correctly - only the link to YouTube is OK in all cases...)
I have no clue why my file did not crash in FM from the beginning on - because I was updating it rigorously and entered page 9 with the dice every now and then...
Testing such things takes time... today all in all about 6h.
But I'm happy that FM-15 is not completely off and can now continue with the description of it (the purpose of compendium.book)
Thank You for listening and testing with me!
To complete the information about the mif difference (post yesterday was done from my iPad):
// missing: this line is not present in failing file
// not present: this line is missing from the healthy file (and present in the failing file):
<ImportObject <Unique 1274990> <Fill 7> // missing <Separation 0> // missing <ObColor `Black'> // missing <ImportObFileDI `<c\>Graphics<c\>dice.u3d'> <ImportObFile `Graphics/dice.u3d'> <ImportHint `0001ADBIU3D WIN3 '> <ObjectInfo `;14408667'> // not present <ImportObUpdater `U3D'> <ShapeRect 1.38446 cm -1.79504 cm 9.03108 cm 9.03108 cm> <BRect 1.38446 cm -1.79504 cm 9.03108 cm 9.03108 cm> <BitMapDpi 72> <opacity 100> <FlipLR No> <ImportObNameDI `1968056620'> <ObjectActivateInPDF No> <ObjectOpenInFloatWindow No> <ObjectSupportMMLink Yes> > # end of ImportObject