• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2019: Problem with inserted mp4 files when publishing to HTML5 output and chm output

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we inserted in FM 12 videos by hypertext link. Now we are switching to FM 2019 and we try to simplify our working methods.

Now we insert mp4 files by reference and  generate output.

The next images illustrate the problems with HTML5 and chm output.

• HTML 5 output: the mp4 videos get unreadable after blend out some conditions and/or work with the output filter.
  • chm output: mp4 videos don't start.

Did anyone knows the 2problems? do you know a workaround? 

HTML5 Output - okay (besides the missing poster file which is is a known problem)HTML5 Output - okay (besides the missing poster file which is is a known problem)

Same HTML5 output, but not working. Conditional text is blended out, filter function is activatedSame HTML5 output, but not working. Conditional text is blended out, filter function is activated

Same content. CHM output: None of the videos are workingSame content. CHM output: None of the videos are working

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone give me a hint? Should I pass this issue better as software change request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they contained within an anchored frame?

[Edit - I wouldn't hope for much from the CHM help - that's super-old technology & isn't being worked on by MS anymore]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the anchored frame is automatically created when importing the mp4 file.

chm output is secondary.

The main problem is to get perfect embedded mp4s in my html5 output. At the moment I have no poster file, somehow the video is missing when conditional text is turned off and I wonder why the video is scaled in different sizes in the  outputs.

I worked several years with FM12. Maybe I did not see the proper function to embedd videos perfectly in FM2019? If so, feel free to give me another idea to deal with embedded videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any experience with embedding videos in FM - I still use links to YouTube in my content. If embedding was working for you in FM12 & now not working in FM2019, then I would create a bug ticket using the Tracker to get it on Adobe's radar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FM 12 method is working in FM 2019.  This is no problem.

The reason why we want to change the old method (-> hyperlinks to anchored frames within the frame an image of the video and no panel ...) is that we need too much time and effort and ... we want the videos to be embedded. (-> There are very simple videos and some text to explain beneath - the concept is for embedded videos!)

The new (for me new) import function for videos would be a perfect solution. If it is not working, this should be the object of  a bug ticket. Do you agree?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So try embedding in FM12 to see if it's working there - if so, then you've got a bug in FM2019; if not, then you may just have a feature suggestion for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem can`t be checked in FM12:

- PDF output (which I did not mentioned yet) I do not have PDF output via the publish function in FM 12 (PDF output is working).

- And there is no filter function. So I can't check that for FM12 neither.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you can support me or simply vote 🙂 
https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-7374

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the bug details. We will look into this and see if this might be a break or some additional enhancement required. 

For next release of FrameMaker, we are improving the multimedia experience and planning to bring in online videos as well as  new HTML engine.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean - you can Publish HTML5 output in FM12; you haven't mentioning anything about PDF output before. And what do you mean by "filtering"? Conditional text? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines