• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM is corrupting my files

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM is corrupting my files when I save a book, leaving temp .fm files, sometimes losing the .fm completely. FM also crashes when I do book updates. It's happened on three separate projects, all using very different templates. All unstructured. I'm on Win10. I've replicated the problems on all three of my Win10 machines, a Surface Pro 3, a Surface Pro 4 and a desktop. I recently rebuilt my Surface Pro 4, so it's completely clean and standard. My projects are stored in Dropbox, but the problem also appears when located on the local disk. No idea what's going on. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Could you please share on which Version/build of FM you are on, also please share the crashlogs.

In the mean time you can try cleaning the app data. Go to Start -> %appdata% ->Adobe -> FrameMaker and rename folder with current version to {version}_backup and relaunch FM.

Thanks

Kunal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My projects are stored in Dropbox, but the problem also appears when located on the local disk.

Sounds like Kunal has you covered, but I'm going to add that it took me a while to figure out that I was having similar issues because I was working on Dropbox. Once I moved the files to a local drive (and backed up the project folder to Dropbox at the end of each day) the issues disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines