• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder renaming / restructuring without link breakage

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can a folder set be moved or renamed without severing the links among the FM files?  I'm working with FM 2019 using Book files with insets and graphics.  I need to rename and reorganize at the folder level but hundreds of files will be affected so the links integrity must be retained; rebuilding them would be much too inefficient. Does Adobe have a script or other solution for this? I cannot find one.

TOPICS
Content migration , FAQ , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't. Rick Quatro, @frameexpert, sells one called PathChanger for $49 that does what you need.

http://www.frameexpert.com/store/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If all the refs are to a single ./dir, FM can be told to use/re-learn on the first open error in the new FS structure.

If the refs are more diverse, but hierarchy is just being restructured, use the file manager to make a copy of the .book & .fm files in the new structure, but at the same relative location. Open them there. Save them to where you want them to reside. FM will auto-update the refs.

If the ./dir names are changing, and/or the hierarchy is being flattened or deepend, then it's probably going to require scripting. I wrote Unix scripts in days of yore to flatten all refs for zipping up & export to translation. This required MIF copies of all the FM content to hack on.

Some of the consultant members here may have scripts that are more generalized, and skip the MIF step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines