• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font size not changing...

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document with some body text that seems to be stuck at the wrong size. Even if I change paragraph types, sizes, hit Apply, Update All, etc., I can't get this one word to change to the right size. I could change it manually, but there are a lot of them in the document, and the whole point is that it's supposed to be automatic.

Framemaker 7.1p114, Windows XP.

Example of problem:

http://flyingmoose.com/error.fm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I cannot get your link: to work. Could
you please repost.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving the file as MIF and viewing that with a text editor (or the wonderful freebie MIFBrowse at http://www.grahamwideman.com/gw/tech/framemaker/mifbrowse.htm

shows that there is a font size override applied to the problem word, which is why it doesn't get changed when you update the paragraph tag.

Easiest route would be to use FM's find/change to find that specific character format

<String `Reference characters (in '>
<Font
<FTag `'>
<FSize 11.0 pt>
<FLocked No>
> # end of Font
<String `parentheses'>
<Font
<FTag `'>
<FLocked No>
> # end of Font
<String `) corresponding to elements '>
> # end of ParaLine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you have no intentional overrides in the whole document, including no overrides applied with character tags, you can just select all the text and apply the character tag "Default P Font". That P is the pilcrow (reflected P shape), not an actual P. That'd fix the problem in one swell foop.

Failing that, you can search for each instance of 11pt font and use the character tag "Default P Font" to change them individually. Not so fast, but should be effective.

Cheers, Rebecca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines