• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame 2015: HTML5: Can HTML template import be made sticky?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm publishing to HTML5 with Frame 2015, but it seems the html template has to be reimported every time. This is what I see:

1. Modify a custom template.html
  2. Open settings.
  3. Import custom template.
  4. Save and close custom .sts settings file.
  5. Publish.

Now I will see my changes. For example, if I changed the footer.

However, if I change the footer again and save the html template, I don't see those changes in the output unless I redo steps 2-5.

Is this the correct behavior? If so, any way around having to repeat the steps?

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the design involves to re-import the template if there are changes in the template. It is designed in such a way for 2 reasons:

• Users finalize the template then use it for publishing
  • The .sts (settings file) could be re-distributed for publishing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we are talking about the same thing, it doesn't work. I've changed the HTML page template 30 times during development of the output, and the changes are never picked up unless I reimport the template (lots of clicks and tedious).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying that the "Use HTML Page Template" setting isn't saved in your .sts file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Tested it dozens of times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Currently STS embed all of its resources in it. It does not keep the reference of files in the file system.

We have to re-import to update it.

For cosmetic fixes in page template like CSS etc can be done on template itself (or in published output and copy back css changes) by opening it it browser like chrome. That might save few iterations.

Thanks

Amit Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should be a relatively simple matter for the app to compare the file update time with the last output gen time and automatically re-import when it detects the HTML template was changed. Might be worth making that a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines