Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 15 Doesn't Copy Workspaces Directory to the User Profile Location

Participant ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've encountered a weird problem. Newly installed Framemaker 15 (part of TCS) doesn't copy the Workspaces directory to C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\13\.

Manually copying the Workspaces directory (with all the files inside it) to this location doesn't help, as the custom workspace/menus/toolbar don't show up in FM.

Security-wise, I have full control of the FrameMaker\13\ directory, so it should be able to write to it.

Has anyone else encountered this issue on Win7?

Thanks,

Roman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you have workspaces from a previous version of Fm that you need to migrate?

Have you tried copying from the \12 or \11 directory as needed and placing into your \13 (the one for FrameMaker 2015) directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matt,

I appreciate your response!

What I meant was that normally, the Framemaker Workspaces directory appears in two locations:

1. In the FM installation directory under Program Files

2. In ../<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\13\.

It's been so for years. Suddenly, after installing FrameMaker on several new Win7 systems, FrameMaker can no longer create the Workspaces directory under <user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\13\.

Regards,

Roman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines