• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2017 Next Paragraph settings don't import

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated from Frameaker 12 to Framemaker 2017. I've noticed several issues, but one of the most annoying occurs when I import Paragraph formats from one file to another. The Next Paragraph Tag setting never imports. I've also noticed that, if I set the Nest Paragraph Tag for a format and apply the setting after import, the setting somehow gets cleared after a few uses, and needs to be reset again. Is there something else I need to be doing when importing paragraph formats? Could this be a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied all the patches that have come out since FM2017 was released? Some people think that just because they downloaded FM yesterday, it includes all fixes made since that version's initial release - it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LHines:

I have not observed this issue, in any version. Are you sure that you have updated the paragraph style (aka paragraph tag), and are not using overrides? I don't have Fm 12 installed so I can't test this, but I do have 2017, so if you would like to share a sample 12 file, I'd be happy to play around with it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing so far has solved it, but I've noticed some more details. If I stay on the Basic tab when moving from paragraph to paragraph, the Next Paragraph setting is maintained. It's only when I switch to another tab (e.g., Font or Pagination), then back to Basic that the setting disappears. Also, if I click on a different paragraph, reselect the Basic tab, then go back to the "trouble" paragraph, the setting will display. However, it's not just a display issue, because if I don't perform one of the actions (either stay on the Basic tab or switch from one paragraph to another), the Next Paragraph setting isn't applied when I start a new paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi LHines: You are making a strong case for a bug. I'd report it here: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/add_bug, and link back to this thread.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines