• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2020 how to set darker user interface

Participant ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just upgraded to Framemaker 2020 and I can't seem to find the option to set a darker user interface like I can in Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. 

Surely there is a way to do this? The interface is way too bright, especially since I have all of my other programs set as dark as they can go. If there isn't, why not and can we get thus option, please. 

TOPICS
Feature request , Getting started , Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't heard of a dark mode option for FM - go ahead and log a ticket in the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/) and post it back here for voting. More votes = more likelihood of it getting in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to have a dark background for black ink in the document?

IMHO these dark interfaces may be reasonable for photographers who in the old days had to hide under a black 'blanket' to take a picture - and have kept these habits at least in their clothes - as most graphic artist do...

IMHO: if there is to much constrast between what you are working on and the tools you are using, this causes eye stain.

This is just my personal opninion on dark interfaces, which reminds me too much on the slate of my early school days some 75 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all. I understand the page needs to be white like the paper. InDesign has a dark user interface while the page is white and it's great! Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are the same way. It's not nearly as jarring on the eyes as the Framemaker UI is. I have Excel set with a dark backgoud and use light gray text and it's wonderful. There could even be an option to have the page dark with white text with the ability to print the text black on a physical page. This is how it works on my iPhone. Personally, staring at a bright screen all day gets to my eyes, and having as much of the screen be dark as I can get it has helped. Turning off the overheadlights has helped too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BCE75, I agree with your «Personally, staring at a bright screen all day gets to my eyes, and having as much of the screen be dark as I can get it has helped. Turning off the overheadlights has helped too.»

Therefore I have set my display screen to 50% brighness and 75% contrast - so the white is not that irritating. In addition the life time of the screen is higher than usual: 8 to 10 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also find it difficult to work with the interface all day.  Thanks for suggesting the brightness and contrast changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took Jeff's idea and created a feature request to vote on. Do I need to create a new post for this?

FRMAKER-11568 | Tracker (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - this is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I voted for your tracker item...

There used to be a Dark Mode available. Unfortunately, it was merely Dark Gray text on Darker Gray background.

To my eye, the contrast of gray on gray has been tough in the last few releases.

HOWEVER, using the colored icons option (see below) helps with UI item recognition, which I would say is much of what the dark/light interface is attempting to do.

-Matt

MattSTechCommTools_0-1649708610252.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines