Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker starting issue

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Me and my team are using FM 2015 and today we experienced a weird issue, - FrameMaker is not opening, none of the projects we are working on can be opened.

We do not receive any error message, FM is just trying to load for a very long time but nothing happens next, still trying to load all the time.

As far as we know the same issue is experienced with other versions today (2017 and 2019).

Does anyone experience the same issue and can provide the solution?

Thank you,

Mariya

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds basic, but did you restart your computer? Are you on Windows 10? It could be that a Windows 10 update messed something up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I restarted my computer, I tried to repair FM, also I reinstalled it and restarted the computer after all that. FM is still not opening. The same issue is exoereinsed by several TCs from my team, so the problem is not on my machine. As for the updates, - we all are using Windows 10, but I checked the updates and did not see anything suspicious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're just trying to start FM2015 via the Start menu? Not trying to launch it by selecting a FM file? Has there been any corporate anti-virus security changes? Your internet connection is ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open a certain book file, to open a separate chapter of a project, and to launch FrameMaker from the Start menu. Recently there were no updates or corporate anti-virus changes. We are out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can force FrameMaker to rebuild the preferences files—worth a shot—and you can keep a copy of the original files if it doesn't do the trick.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-framemaker-resetting-preferences/

That said, tell us about what you saw in the Windows updates. Nothing "suspicious" but was there an update just before this started happening? That this is impacting multiple versions on multiple computers makes it sound like either its either a Windows 10 update or something else that changed within your corporate environment.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, thank you for the solution. I tried it and noticed that in my newly created folder there are less files than in the orginal one and still FM is not opening. Maybe I can find the reason why less files are created when I try to open FM. Do you have any ideas?

Number of filesNumber of files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariya:

FrameMaker adds the other files while you are using it. Since it won't open, you are starting with clean folder.

I'm sorry that didn't help. I think the next step is to reach out to tcssup@adobe.com. Please let us know what they come up with.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you, Barb. I will reach them out and let you know the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines