• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotspot on masterpage, dissconnected pages

Participant ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am new to the hotspot feature, i looked discarded this as a usefull tool when i dindt know when i was doing when devloping service manuals. My questions for single document hotspoting are.

• Can put a hotspot on a master page that links back to table of contents for instance 
  • can i use the hotspot feature for connecting content within 1 document if the document is compiled using mostly disconnected pages?

Thanks

TOPICS
Content migration , Getting started , PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about hyperlinks in text or on images? If you are talking about text links, yes you should be able to do it. If you provide more details, we can probably give you more help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im sorry my post was no descriptive at all, yes just text links, but possibly images. i am creating more navigation features in these service manuals to go from section to section or clicking a button graphic to take the reader to the pertaining information on that HMI (Human Machine Interface) Main concern being disconeected pages still working with the links. sorry if this is jumbled its been a long day in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the workflow.

In general, Master Pages can contain hypertext. I'm using it in a current project, where various MPs have header nav links to ToC, Index, Covers, etc. But my worflow target is PDF.

If HTML is the target, some MP content doesn't get rendered to output, at all. This may include MP graphics, and the term "hotspot" often refers to coordinate-mapped regions of graphical objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My end result is pdf, thanks for the information i will keep that in mind while constructing my service manuals. I have a little work ahead of me in figuring out what works best. What i am trying to do is construct side naivation bars for each section of the document. I want it to be as graphical and detailed as possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines