• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotspots in html not working

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hotspots in html5 responsive don't seem to be working for me.

Created test destinations, both on same page as well as in sections on other pages through the hypertext pod. Specify named destination. newlink TheNameOfMyDestination (with a space between the two).

Created hotspot on the first page in the book with the hotspot mode selected and then pulling out either a text frame or rectangle tool, and then when the hotspot pod popped up selected the destination from the available markers.

Works perfectly when I export to pdf.

But not in HTML5 responsive.

Tested in a couple different layouts thinking that was it, but no, same result.

What am I missing here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After much trial and error, think I narrowed it down to the svg file.

Seems that when coupled with an svg file in anchor frame the link doesn't work.

In addition, noticed that my svg file is buggy when published in html.

Will have it sized and positioned within an anchor frame in framemaker but when I publish to html the size and position of the image with change.

Happens with a test jpeg as well.

Are there things to keep in mind when importing and handling svg or other images for publishing to html?

Seems very buggy to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar question that I posted in Do DITA imagemap elements work in any HTML output in FM 2017?  I'm starting from a DITA source. Some images are SVG and other are not, but I'm unable to get hostspots/imagemaps working in any HTML output from FM 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines