• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I shade a single cell in a table?

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a table in FrameMaker where one cell has a red background, one has an orange background, and one has a yellow backgound. This won't be a table style -- it's just a one-time table that serves as a key to certain color codes in the manual. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to "select" a single cell and apply a color to it. I also can't find a way to do this in the Table Designer, since there is no option for "just this one cell." As with my previous question, I suspect there's an easy answer to this, and I'm just not finding it in all of the resources I've looked at so far. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Depending on your version of FrameMaker: Control+click to select the cell or cells. Choose Table > Format > Custom Ruling & Shading. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I checked out the article, and it doesn't address what I'm trying to do. It's more focused on highlighting text (or having a single-cell table with highlighting), and I'm trying to fill a single cell within a larger table. I may end up just needing to create rectangles as images and import them into the individual cells. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your version of FrameMaker: Control+click to select the cell or cells. Choose Table > Format > Custom Ruling & Shading. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I got it. I saw those same instructions and was looking at Table > Format, but it looks like it's now Table > Custom Ruling & Shading. I was looking at the Format options and totally missed the Custom Ruling & Shading option. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines