• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Create Custom Attributes in FM2020?

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have been trying to add custom attributes to FrameMaker 2020 to try and integrate it with a CMS that uses a specific scheme for such things in its own integrated editor. Thus far, I have not found the means to do so. Ideally, I ought to be able to set a Choice in terms of value for such attributes as well. Some of my attempts are recorded below:

1. Preferences > CMS > Custom Attributes: This only supports specific CMS systems and does not seem to add those attributes to the list of attributes available to different elements.

2. Structure > DITA > Customise DITA > Customise DITA Shell: I can remove attributes from the list to hide them but not add custom attributes.

3. Insert > Conditional Tags > Create New Tag: These use a completely different notation from XML attributes.

4. Adding them to DTD and importing that to FrameMaker.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the attributes to be visible in FrameMaker, you need to edit the EDD (Element Definition Document) that is associated with the template. Are you using DITA or a custom DTD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Thanks - I will look more into how to do this with an EDD.
The documents are based on an enriched form of LwDITA (with some extra elements such as proper tables) and program-specific attributes for stuff such as conditioning content. There is an associated DTD that was the one which I tried to edit originally. So, as best I can tell, 'custom DTD' would be more appropriate despite it being DITA-based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines