• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Memory of Lin Sims

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is with deep sadness that I share this message.

@LinSims passed away Sunday, June 18. There was no service at Lin’s request. Lin’s family has asked that, in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Asera Care Hospice in Exton, PA, which cared for Lin in her final days.

Lin joined the Community Experts Program in March 2019. Ever since she’s been helping customers use FrameMaker in the Adobe Support Community.
 Here’s the link to her profile, which will remain as Community Expert in her memory.

This is what she said about herself back when she joined:

"I’ve been working as a technical writer for about 25 years now (with some interruptions) in a variety of fields. Most of my experience is software documentation, but I’ve also written industry analysis papers, documented circuit designs, and documented processes and procedures for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. The Adobe application I use most is FrameMaker, which I guess also makes it my favorite. I love it for all my documentation needs because it does what I tell it to do rather than what it thinks I want to do.

I’m trying to learn Photoshop and maybe Illustrator, as we use those at my current place of business for some of our artwork. I’m also hoping to learn a bit more about Acrobat, as I’ve largely used it only for creating PDFs.

As far as hobbies go, my big one is reading. I have a collection of several thousand books, and now that my bookcases are FINALLY done, I hope to catalog them all. With luck, that’ll prevent me from rebuying books I forgot I have! I also like to play PC games and annoy my two cats."

adobe avatar2.png

This is a huge loss, and you will be greatly missed, Lin SilC_0-1688466871056.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a great loss! I rember a project of Lin to create an XML application for all entries in maker.ini with explanations etc. It never  happened, but inspired me to provide comparable information on my website.  

[link removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say that I am shocked! I had not have exchanged personal e-mails with Lin or met her somewhere, but had read all of her posts in the last years. Definitely always friendly, reliable and helpful.

My prayers go to Lin's family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was heartbroken to learn the news about Lin. She came on the scene enthusiastically in 2019, embracing her role here on the FrameMaker forum but also engaging with the Community Experts out of site of the public eye. She relished the opportunity to help others and had so much knowledge to share with all of us. She will be missed.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry to hear of Lin's passing. She was a great asset to this community. We collaborated on a few projects over the years and she was fun to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sad to hear of Lin's passing. Both Lin and her enthusiasm will be missed by all.

I am proud to have had her as both a colleague and a friend, and will miss her.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is most certainly a shock! I have appreciated her good humour and vast knowledge many times. She will be missed. Best of wishes to her family and friends!

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am so sorry to hear about Lin. She will be greatly missed. Her FrameMaker expertise helped me more times than I can count over the years. My thoughts are with her family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines