• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In which way can I open a *.bk file??

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning. I must open a +.bk file by PC, that is a backup file of my last Android phone (Galaxy S4). I tried to send it to a new phone, but neither my new phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) neither another phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) can open it. I have got FrameMaker, but I can't open it.. is there a software that open .bk file?? Please, help me, it's important!! Thanks.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Samsung Kies uses .bk files:
https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/kies/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it’s not a FM book file, then only the system that created it should be able to read it. You could try opening it up with Notepad to have a look inside, but I suspect it’s just a bunch of gibberish if it’s a phone backup file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. I just tried to open with notepad, but it doesn't do it. It'seems just a bunch of gibberish, as you have told you. Is there another way to read the content of this file??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably only with the device that created it – check their help files for their recovery from backup procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The device that created it there isn't! I broke it. I tried with a similar (another galaxy S4), but it can't read this file..I don't understand the reason! It's a very important file..I can't lose it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to go visit the phone site for help – if it doesn’t have anything to do with FM, then nobody here’s going to be of much assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Samsung Kies uses .bk files:
https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/kies/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines