• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Page Usage

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally in our manuals we need tabloid 11x17 pages in the middle of a chapter. There can be up to 30 in a row.

I have my normal pages with their 8.5x11 master pages. I go to create a new master page and make it 11x17 and it makes all of my master pages 11x17. I do not want this. Anyone experience this same problem or have a different approach?

Thanks,

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using the settings in this dialog box? For the pages that you want choose the customer Master page that you want, and then either choose apply to current page, or the pages that you need. Note that if you have to call the new page something other than right or left. Or are you doing all this and it still does not work?

masterpage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual approach is that the exception-size pages have to be their own files in a book, and thus with their own Master Pages.

The book then needs to to be rendered to PDF with the job options set to the largest page size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the way I have always done it as well. However, we have a TOC, LOF, LOT, and LEP that needs to account for the exception pages. How do I make that happen without the exception pages in the book when I update it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The larger page size docs are also part of your book, and you'll use the numbering properties of the book to number appropriately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines