Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

paragraph space

Enthusiast ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In a single paragraph, I would like to create a little vertical space between two sentences. How do I do it ? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

In FM all lines of a pragraph have the same vertical space usage.

IMHO You would need to split the paragraph into two and then define Space Before fo the second part ("Otto Ralf ...) to fit your desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb Binder has written an excellent blogpost on the subject here:

https://iconlogic.blogs.com/weblog/2010/02/adobe-framemaker-working-with-fixed-spaces-in-a-document....

Another option is using a normal "space" using the space button on your keyboard. When inserted, you can modify the width of that space using the Character Designer (Ctrl+D) like this

StudioSm_0-1705137047302.png

If you are attempting something which requires muliple lines, where the "space" needs to align with subsequent lines, tabs are are the answer.

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Studio,

In fact, at the blue arrow on the screenshot, I would like to create a space between two lines, inside the same paragraph.

It could be a space of less than one line (a little space) that I could set in pt.

Screenshot-11-56-51.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FM all lines of a pragraph have the same vertical space usage.

IMHO You would need to split the paragraph into two and then define Space Before fo the second part ("Otto Ralf ...) to fit your desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One workaround is to replace one of your regular space characters with a couple of thin spaces (Escape + space bar + t) and increase the font size of the spaces. (I have the spaces selected between Otto Ralf in the screenshot.) Make sure the Line Spacing of the paragraph format is unchecked. I would set up the spaces as a variable with a character format that has the desired font size. That would make them easy to insert (and delete) as needed.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aha! Another option, besides the others options already mentioned, is to insert an empty anchored frame at insertion point.

StudioSm_0-1705148573870.png

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, I have separated the paragraph into two parts, and created a paragraph style with a space before paragraph, in order to re-use it later :

Screenshot-13-56-19.jpg

Screenshot-13-57-05.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klaus and others have impeccably answered this question; is there a way we can now let it drop from the top spot in our forum?! It seems to keep getting locked and pinned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about the pinned part, but I can certainly lock it if you want....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just unlocked it this morning in the hopes of letting it float away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines