Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Italic Arabic text when publish from FrameMaker 2019

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helle all,

I have a problem when i pulbish file contain arabic text in italic style, text dont appper italic at all.

in my try to fix this, i tried print ps file then use distiler to get PDF. and yes the italic apper correct in arabic text but the colors changed and became very diffrent.

italic-color problem.jpg

Is there a soultions to fix italic font in publish? 

font i use : Arial.

TOPICS
Error , Formatting and numbering , PDF output , Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For multiple documents all you would have to do is change one file's definition & then import the format definitons into all the other documents that use them. Yes, I understand that it will make everything look different, but isn't that the point of all this? You weren't happy with the way it looks now, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am happy with it , and I didn't want to change the font. I just need to get the PDF as I have/see in FMs files.  changing font was a suggestion to get over one problem I face when I produce the PDF file I face two things, 1) Italic text.  2) colors.

- When I produce PDF by Publish method all italic text disappear although  it is ok in FM files. I tried to figure why it disappeared and I couldn’t. but I found turnaround way to get the italic text correct by print method.

- but When I produce PDF by Print method, italic text can be fine, but some colors changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines